Over dieting and exercising and getting sick

Options
I've been pretty disciplined in the last month or so about eating right and exercising. Eating right doesn't always mean 100% nutritionally balanced foods, it usually means mostly healthy for me and not putting me over my calorie intake for that day. I admit I've scrimped on my food a couple times to make room for some late night snacking.

Right now I am working around a 1200 calorie goal per day. Lately, most days, I go over that. I either break even after my workout is calculated or I am even slightly over that.

However, it feels like if I don't stick to exactly 1200 or slightly under, my weight creeps back up. At the same time, I seem to be more prone to getting sick with chills and low grade fevers. It's very confusing. Am I deprived or what??

My body is feeling a little run-down just now but I am afraid to start kicking up the calorie intake, in fears of setting myself back a few pounds. Also, it's been hard to limit myself to only things like salads and fruit and all, even though I know it's better for me, because I feel so hungry for more dense foods. I'm not starving feeling, just craving comforting stuff.

...also, I want to keep working out though everyone at home has told me to take it easy for a couple days or I'll get sicker from not resting. Will the sweating and exertion make me worse? Stupid question probably.

Replies

• lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Our profiles are pretty similar...

Something important to think about is your maintanance plan you when you do reach your goal. If you keep that in mind and use a pared down version of that plan for your weight loss it will set you up to maintain your success.

I have been where you are and I have been sick. I had chronic respiratory infections, fatigue issues, and eventually a stress fracture. If you want to exercise and gain your health you need to eat more. More food means more energy.

Please take care of yourself. Feel free to friend me if you like.