anyone else have hypothyroidism?

Options
Just curious if anyone else has it ? It is what caused my weight gain, till i found out about it. Gained thirty pounds in about three months. And am now working it off. Just wondering if anyone else has it and didn't know, or you just need some support from people who understand how hard it is to lose weight with it.

Replies

• jonsgrl93
    Options
    Anybody out there?
  • caro1275
    caro1275 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I recently found out that I have it (about a month ago). I had a pretty normal metabolism until about 4 years ago when I gained about 40 lbs in about 3.5years. I had a bunch of other symptoms as well, but due to the nature of my job, it took me a while to put it all together! I am sure glad I did. I am losing weight a little quicker now that I am on meds but more like a pound or 2 a week as opposed to a half pound or many times nothing. My energy and sleep are better, but its hard to tell if its from the weight loss, or the medicine kicking in (or a bit of both).

C-
  • RicoHuerta
    RicoHuerta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with it the past 3 years...up to 175mcg on synthroid a day and losing weight is extremely diffucult... there is a group that talks about hypothyroid in MFP.....(hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism)..just do a search and join in for advice and support..good luck.

v/r
    Rico
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've been hypo for 25 years and been post menopausal for 8 years (at 46). Nice combo for weight concerns. Luckily my hypo was diagnosed quickly and treatment started straight away. Ups and downs along the way, but once you find your right dose the clouds lift. Helps to have family/friends support. At the beginning I thought I was losing it, depression (first thought to be 'baby blues') and tiredness ( if I sat down I would literally drop off to sleep). Now I don't really think about it, just regular blood tests and trying to stay healthy.
  • madisoneads
    Options
    I was diagnosed earlier this year with it. I was on 50mcg Synthroid and I was feeling great so I stopped taking it. Major NO!! I am now back on it and trying to loose the weight. It is just slowly adding and adding. I"m so tired and sluggish but then I go to lay down and I just can't fall asleep, It's so frustrating. I just watched the DR. Oz body restart episode and there are foods we can eat to boost our thyroids. I'm giving it a shot. I have a few factors against me in my weight loss struggle so anything I can do to be successful I am going to try it!
  • jonsgrl93
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, glad to know there's other people dealing with the same thing.