- 40lbs. New progress pictures =)

Options
Hello all,
My name is Ellie and to this date I have now lost 40lbs.
I was 213lbs and I am now 173. Aiming to lose another 20-30. I have been losing since April 2011, lost 33lbs from April 2011 up until December and then plateaued until 8th September, when I was taken off the medicine for my acne. I have lost 7 lbs since then, without changing anything so that was obviously the culprit! I counted my calories up until July of this year, then realised how OCD I am about it and decided to just eat clean and exercise. I exercise most days of the week. I lift heavy 3 days a week, and do cardio 5-6 days a week, whether it be a walk, a run, the crosstrainer or my dance class.

I used to eat McDonalds 5x a day, binge drink most nights of the week and smoke every day. I was very depressed and suicidal.
My dr recommended coming off the antidepressants, trying exercise and seeing how I feel. Exercised every day for a week, came back and was taken off the antidepressants for good! I am so much happier now! Still working on my selfesteem, though it is a lot better than it used to be... :D

I fell in love with exercise so much, that I decided that I want to become a Personal Trainer and help others achieve what I have. I am currently completing my Cert 4 in Fitness, doing my Diploma next year and I want to do a Nutrition and Dietitics course at uni as well. My dream is to open my own Health Centre one day - a Gym with Dieticians working there. Dietician by day, Personal Trainer by night.

So now onto everyone's favourite part:

April 2011:
213lbs
1qmz48.jpg

ogz1vs.jpg

April 2012:
180lbs
bgqjow.jpg

September 2012:
173lbs
okz6te.jpg

25p2vl4.jpg

350uzcw.jpg

I don't think that it would have been possible for me to achieve so much without MFP or my amazing friends.
Thankyou all. Mwah, xoxo.

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • bettybo0pxox
    Options
    i dont have any pics but just thoughtid stop and say WOWWWWW you look AMAZING!!!! congratulations!!!!!
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Great job, and good luck with what follows! You seem to be doing it perfectly right!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Looking good, you even look more confident
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Looking good, you even look more confident

Yup, I sure am! =)
    I can gladly say I don't hate myself anymore and I'm not anxious to be in public and around people anymore.
  • monicamcisaac
    monicamcisaac Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey that is awesome, you rock!! Congrats :)
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Amazing job - well done!
  • jeets888
    jeets888 Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    More than losing just the weight - its great how you have adopted a holistic view and managed to turn your life around. Know a lady who was an alcoholic and she adopted running when turning her life around ... why not make excercise a vice :-) a healthy vice .... Congratulations and keep going! Amazing job.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    More than losing just the weight - its great how you have adopted a holistic view and managed to turn your life around. Know a lady who was an alcoholic and she adopted running when turning her life around ... why not make excercise a vice :-) a healthy vice .... Congratulations and keep going! Amazing job.

Yup! I haven't drunk a drop of alcohol in 6 months today actually, (only had half a glass then) and before that nothing for another 6 months :) Loving life, I'm so blessed!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Thankyou for all of your encouraging words :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Any of you feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    you go girl! i'm adding you!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    you go girl! i'm adding you!

Ta (:
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    Great job!

thankyou =]
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    well done :) xxx you have worked so hard you should be very proud of yourself xx
  • Pacefit4God
    Options
    WTG!!
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    How do you add pics to these? You are looking great!!! Keep up the hard work.
  • BeautyFromPain
    Options
    well done :) xxx you have worked so hard you should be very proud of yourself xx

Thanks so much :)<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!