Excess Skin

Options
What are some tips on how to tighten up that lose skin after weight loss? I haven't really lost much, but I see those rolls a lot!

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    You don't appear to have enough weight to worry about a skin problem. Lose 100 pounds then sure, but 15-20lb and 22 years old, it's not excess skin.
  • danceVICKIdance
    danceVICKIdance Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You don't appear to have enough weight to worry about a skin problem. Lose 100 pounds then sure, but 15-20lb and 22 years old, it's not excess skin.

Well as silly as this sounds, I started working out a while back, and never necessarily gained the inches back, but it felt all jelly like, and it seemed as if my waistline fat drooped more. It seemed to hang over my pants in the most unflattering way, that it hadn't before. I'm sure it will go down in time, but I hear it could take up to two years. :/
  • aga_tanga
    aga_tanga Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    the only way is HARD workout. aerobics etc.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do about it

(assuming you have any, but like the people said above me you probably don't have any if you weren't very overweight)

Is just to keep cutting bf%. You won't be able to tell until you hit low levels of bodyfat.

I am in the same dilemma where, I am not sure if my "fanny pack" hanging around my hips can be lost, or if some of it is loose skin.

Anyways, just keep losing and you should shape up nicely.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Prevent it by
    - Losing weight slowly
    - Omega 3 Intake
    - Vitamin E, Zinc etc
  • jenshoeee
    jenshoeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm more concerned with nasty strechmarks.

How do I avoid getting those?
  • danceVICKIdance
    danceVICKIdance Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    They're nothing to really be concerned about. Like you won't get them unless its a real quick gain and loss of weight. But stay hydrated and use cocoa butter at least one to two times a day. Palmers I hear works good. All my friends have used that brand after pregnancy.