Trying to find some 'Get up and Go'

Options
*Posted this in the wrong place, my bad!*
But it 'got up and went' at about 3am this morning when I was chasing my cat around the house trying to rescue a mouse he'd brought in!
Im sat here trying to keep my eyes focussed and thinking I really ought to crack on with the 30 Day Shred but you know the feeling you get when the tank is on empty? I might just give it a go but I dont want to waste my time with a half @$$ed effort. GAH! Damn that cat!
What do you guys do when your batteries are flat?

Replies

• Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    If you find some get up and go please feel free to let me know where you found it!

I know most people would say go for a brisk walk around the block or have a shower or......but if I wasnt at work I think i would feel inclined to head back to bed for an hour and then start the day afresh!!
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Replied on the other thread...
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Replied on the other thread...Each and every morning I would wake up, put my iPod on full blast and listen to MT Eden Dubstep - Escape.

For a brief moment I just stand in the dark and let the epicness of the song overwhelm me, feeling each and every muscle tightens as the adrenaline starts flowing through my veins, with the monster within me screaming to be let out and prove itself worthy amongst the other beasts roaming freely at the gym.

You are simply awesome :blushing:
    Guys I went for it in the end, cursed, screamed and panted like a sex pest all the way through but half @$$ed I sure as hell wasnt!! I found my motivation in my size 8 skinny jeans that are now 1in closer to fitting me again!!!
    CAN WE HAVE A HELL YEAH!! \o/
  • John2347
    John2347 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    if you need a pep talk then listen to the speech "peace with inches" on youtube from the movie Any Given Sunday. Pacino is very inspiring and gets me pumped up every time i hear it!
  • KellyS_86
    Options
    LOVE Mt Eden Imogen Heap remixes - they are my favourite at the moment <3
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I've had some good bouts of depression over the years and I've learned a lot about my mind and body. Probably the main thing I do now is to listen to my body. At the moment I am quite exhausted most of the time with very little motivation and over the weekend I became quite emotional and further drained myself of energy.

So instead of going for my usual walk tomorrow and Friday I've just decided to leave it and consolidate my energy rather than use more of it. I've booked myself tickets on the bus to go and visit my niece, her partner and 5 of her children. I expect to be crowded, cuddled and virtually pulled apart by the kids but I'm really looking forward to it. And then I'm going to stay with my sister-in-law and her husband. I'll be away one week but that will be heaps - I'm a real sop for homesickness. I miss my husband so very much when we are apart - 33 years married in November!! I'm sure I'll come back much rejuvenated YAYYYYY

I think what I'm trying to say is don't hit yourself over the head because you are tired - it is quite okay you know. And if you don't have the energy to abuse Jillian Michael then go for an easy walk with the kids or sit and read a book and just look after yourself. Tomorrow is another day. And if you treat yourself right today, tomorrow will be a breeze. :flowerforyou:
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rho and CONGRATULATIONS! Wow 33 years is one helluva milestone! I hope you have a wonderful time catching up with your family, Im a real sook for that too, dont see my parents half as much as Id like but have a long weekend in December to look forward to!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. If I relied on how I felt, I wouldn't ever do it. Sometimes you just have to start. Before you start, talk to yourself. Tell yourself what you want. Tell yourself you will do it. If it all fails, do it anyway. It's better than no workout. Eventually it will be a habit. That doesn't mean you won't still have days where you want to phone it in. You will. Keep going. Don't stop.

Having said that, is there another time of the day that works for you?