Not as thin as I feel

Options
I've been at this a while now and have had great success I feel better, I feel I look better and decided today to take some update pics. I wished I had taken pics back at my heaviest in my swim trunks but I don't have any to compare to today's pics and I don't look as thin as I feel. I know that I still have a long, long way to go and that the next year will define the biggest part of that weight loss. You just get a thought in your head and then the pics come out and wow not so good. So now I'm going to take update pics each month till I'm at goal. I wish you all the best of luck and have a great day.

Replies

• nikkinoonarr
    Options
    We are our worst critic. Like you I have no before pictures. I sometimes look in the mirror and think "looking good" take a picture and upon looking at the photo decide I don't like what I see,

I now try to compliment myself every day. Go by your NSV's. I took a shower the other day and realized my backside was not consuming all the light!

With the amount of weight you have lost I think you must look fantastically different. Try finding an old face photo to compare.

You are doing so well. Try not to see bad things. Look at the good.

We'll done on your loss.

X
  • flowerpoweredme
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job.. 67lbs is an amazing amount of weight to lose..

Keep up the hard work and keep smilimg :-)
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Same as you OP, have lost quite a bit, had to buy new clothes, everyone commented at how much I had lost so I decided new profile picture time - Oh dear :( still fat and lumpy, just can't see it on myself - Photo deleted before it left the camera lol
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I look at myself in the mirror & love what I see..... then I take a photo.... the camera shows me different. Most camera have a fish eye thing to them.... remember that part ok. Camera ALWAYS puts ON weight because of that fact.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Oh, it is very hard to get the right angle on pictures -- and we all need an antidote to being our own worse critics! Smaller sizes and numbers - and feeeling great! I am going with that and hope you do as well..

Seriously, as far as pictures go, even American's Next Top Model takes perfectly beautiful young women and gets some pretty yucky pictures as they try to get their "best side" and play it up. You see the contestants walking the runway and they look like they will blow away and then their pictures make their faces look awkward...
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've always been told the camera gains you ten pounds. It is all about how you pose for the camera. I'm sure you look amazing with the amount of weight you have lost. Hold your head high and give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done. And do look for before face pictures, It will tell the story. I have only lost 17 lbs and see a great difference in my face.
    High five jerbear.....keep at it.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Loosing 67lb is an achievement! Screw the photographs! If you feel better and slinkier that's what matters!
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's difficult to judge your progress looking at photos. Depending on the camera it can really fish-eye and make you look broader than you are. Keep up the good work, you're doing great!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I look at myself in the mirror & love what I see..... then I take a photo.... the camera shows me different. Most camera have a fish eye thing to them.... remember that part ok. Camera ALWAYS puts ON weight because of that fact.

This is very true!

That's why when I see a model in a magazine who is say, a size 0, I stare in amazement at just how thin they must be in the flesh - hell, some of them look like skeletons in the photos or on TV (which, which widescreen also adds many pounds on I hasten to add) - let alone in real-life!

Mirrors can be a "bit out" too, some mirrors warp slightly over time, giving a wrong "reading".

Measurements are really the only thing that is reliable.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I get some of that same "disconnect" between how I feel and how I look in pictures (or even my own mirror). I'm just trying to ignore what I see for now and hold onto the fact that I move easier, have more energy, have loose clothes, and most importantly for me I've lowered my blood glucose levels.

You've made wonderful progress and I know you work hard at diet AND exercise, and there's going to come a time when all that muscle you're working so hard to maintain is suddenly visible and you'll be amazed when you look at a photo of yourself!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I don't feel discouraged at all I just was hoping to look at these pics and see what I feel. I do feel great and so look forward to the next 100 coming off.
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Loosing 67lb is an achievement! Screw the photographs! If you feel better and slinkier that's what matters!

I so agree if you feel good it shows so get out there and celebrate feeling awesome!
  • thatdude3
    Options
    I totally understand how you feel. Sometimes I don't feel like I haven't changed much at all. Maybe because I still have a ways to go ..... dunno. I do have say that I feel better but as for how thing looks, I don't have any before pics so I have nothing to compare it to. I think someone said it best when they said we are our own worst critic.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Definitely do take the pictures, even if you get someone else to do it and don't look at them. You will appreciate them a few months down the line.
    I started a couple of months ago and wish I'd started soon. And they kind of make me want to cry as underwear photos are not flattering. But I do know logically I am slimmer and dressed in new more fitted clothes I can see it.
  • rotill
    rotill Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    One of the things about losing weight is that the head and the body doesn't always match. One of these days you'll go out, try on a pair of pants and discover they are too big. That's when you know you're not as big as you feel, and the tables have turned!

And with your awesome loss, that day will come!
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the topic heading. I started out with over 250 pounds to lose. Now having lost over 100 pounds now and walking 2 hours a day I feel like I weigh 100 pounds less than I do at the moment. So I need new clothes, especially jeans, so I figure I can go to walmart for them. I figured it would be some of the biggest they sell, but thought at least I would not have to order them through a catalog anymore. It was a major bummer when I saw how far I was from this goal. On a positive note, it has reinforced my resolve and it won't be long before I can go into any store and buy clothes.