Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

lunch

aerobicgirl
aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
i try to eat healthy for lunch but its to hard i work 8-5 any left overs go to my husband so any suggestions who has good healthy lunches remember staying away from bread/ are fiber one bars ok to replace lunches?

Replies

• MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Can you not change things up and maybe you take the left overs here and there and he get a sandwich?
  • I don't think a fiber one bar has enough calories to count as a whole lunch!

How about a can of soup? There are a bunch of those under 200 calories, you could have soup and salad?
  • niccup
    niccup Posts: 32
    I hear ya! lunch can be really frustrating when you work full time. I dont think a fibre bar is enough for lunch. You'll be so hungry by the end of the day and that is dangerous for over eating or eating the wrong things. I often take soup ( throw it in a tupperware container) , a salad or a couple of veggies cut up, piece of fruit and a yogurt. Or, you could make up a smoothie in the morning, put in a thermous and have it at lunch ( 1 cup yogurt, 1 cup milk, 4 egg whites or 1/4 of pkg tofu, 1 banana). There are some fancy salads that are yummy to.... spring mix salad, sprinkle walnuts and dried cranberries, and add 1/4 pkg of goat cheese or feta cheese. Let me know if you still need ideas. I have tons, lol
  • rileya
    rileya Posts: 28 Member
    Tomato Soup is always good or there are a lot of other soups that are low in calories. I usually have a can of soup a yogurt and a rice cake :)
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    I work 7-4 (with a 1 hour commute each way). I make enough for both of us to have leftovers. I also use sunday as my day to prep food. I make individual salads, fruit salads, etc for the week. I typically pack my lunch at night and throw my bag in fridge. Then in morning I throw in my protein bar and I'm out the door. Preplanning is the only way to keep away from the frankenfoods.
  • I agree that a fiber bar isn't enough. But the other thing about just eating a bar that like for lunch is you are just not left feeling satisfied, like you ate! I love Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones meals. They can get a little pricey though, but they taste great, limit your calories, and leave you feeling satisified. What about cans of soup? Progresso makes cans of soup that you can take and easily warm up. What about tuna fish sandwiches on healthy bread with fat free mayo? What about making just an extra healthy casserole or meal to use only as your lunches for the week? All of these you can do a little of planning before and be prepared for the whole week. Good luck!
  • i buy some baby spinach and throw it in a bowl with 2 cut up hard-boiled eggs, some cut up apple and a little poppyseed dressing...easy to pack in the morning if you boil your eggs ahead of time. i also sometimes make a large batch of soup and freeze it in individual containers and then i can just grab one and take it to work. another easy one is to buy a package of ramen noodles (if you get the ones from whole foods, they may be a little more sodium than you want, but better than typical top ramen) and then bring a small container of frozen mixed veggies and mix them together.
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Hello all,

I agree wth the suggestion of making enough left overs for the both of you. But since you said no bread. I'm assuming that you are doing low carb if so they have low carb tortillas and you can make turkey wraps.

i'm not sure how big your appetite is but here are some things that get me through.

^ fruit Salad (fresh)
    ^tuna w/ no crackers ( they also make to go pouches)
    grilled chicken salad

GL
  • sallyah13
    sallyah13 Posts: 44 Member
    My husband also takes the left overs for his lunch, so I do cans of soup, lean cuisines, smart ones, or I make extra left overs for me. Like grilling an extra chicken breast to put on a salad the next day. I will often modify some of the leftovers for me, like I will send taco stuff with my husband and just bring stuff for a taco salad for me. Lunch is tough but if I don't eat enough than I fall off the wagon while cooking dinner that night. Sometimes spending the extra on the pre packaged is worth it so it doesn't stress me out.
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    I make a pot of brown rice on Sunday, and open a can of white beans, rinse them off, and put both items in tupperware in the fridge. Then, during the week, I throw salad greens into a big tupperware container, top with 1/2 cup each of the rice and beans, and take along some low-cal dressing. Very filling, comes out to about 250-300 cals depending on the dressing you use. Toss in any leftover veggies you have, and you can easily fill 2-3 of your veggie servings.
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    Great Luch Ideas, I usually eat a whole grain wrap loaded with any veggie I can think of, and a low suger yogurt with flax seed in it!
  • I bring my lunch for the week on a monday and leave it in the fridge/freezer. I usually eat a veggie burger on sandwich thins, with a piece of fruit and a 100 calorie snack.
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    I bring my lunch for the week on a monday and leave it in the fridge/freezer. I usually eat a veggie burger on sandwich thins, with a piece of fruit and a 100 calorie snack.

where do you get your veggie burgers or are they frozen and you just warm them up>
This discussion has been closed.