Does anyone fast for religious purposes?

Options
It's a religious obligation to fast from sunrise to sunset so was wondering how others have done in the past when they fasted?

Replies

• Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If you do a search for Ramadan, you will find quite a few posts with people who are discussing their upcoming fast.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I used to when I still observed Lent.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    If you do a search for Ramadan, you will find quite a few posts with people who are discussing their upcoming fast.

Thanks never thought of that!
  • arogers98
    arogers98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) we are asked to fast for two meals the first Sunday of every month (called Fast Sunday). It is a outward showing of our faith. My 13 and 10 year old girls find it challenging but I have been doing it faithfully since I was probably 12.
  • numberscolors
    Options
    I'm Jewish, so I fast for Yom Kippur (sunset Friday night to sunset Saturday night). It only happens one day a year, so it's not too bad! haha :} I get cranky and headache-y after a day without food, so I drink a lot of water. I'm not sure if that's actually permitted, but whatever...

My friends who observe Ramadan fast all day until sundown and then they get to feast!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I fast a few times a year for Lent. I really am bad about limiting calories but did good with eliminating meat when I remembered. I'm excited this year since I'm vegan I should have a easy time getting it right!
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I fast 16 hours a day, although for health reasons, not religious. Fasting is amazing for you, both in terms of health benefits and physique benefits (free fat loss!). Your body gets used to fasting after a couple of weeks, and it stops being any sort of issue.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I have been unable to fast for many years because I have either been pregnant or nursing during Yom Kippur but I will be observing it this year with a fast. I am nursing but my baby is over a year now and eats solids foods. I will be drinking water throughout the fast peiod as well.
  • madmickie
    madmickie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I worship the god of chocolate so have to eat it every day in life. To be quite honest I am getting fed up eating it so somedays i fast by not eating chocolate. I hope I dont end up in chocolate hell.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I worship the god of chocolate so have to eat it every day in life. To be quite honest I am getting fed up eating it so somedays i fast by not eating chocolate. I hope I dont end up in chocolate hell.

lol