I hate eggs

Options
annastasia76
annastasia76 Posts: 123 Member
ok I really do hate eggs, I have to have it scrambled in with other veggies before I can eat it. What I did today I hope will turn out great.

I cut up 2 large onions, 2 large green peppers and a package of bacon.

First I slice the bacon into small pieces while it's still in the package, that makes it easier to cut, oh and don't try using a serrated knife for this, it will shred the bacon.
cook the bacon until it's the way you like it (I like mine very crisp) drain the fat from the pan leaving one to 2 tablespoons of the oil, remove the bacon from the pan
cook the onion and green pepper in the reserved bacon grease until it is of the texture you like (I like mine very soft, almost caramelized)
add the bacon and combine thoroughly.

now separate the mixture into sandwich baggies, I did mine with 1/2 cup of mixture in each, it came out to 8 bags. smooth the mixture in the bags so that they are flat, close and put in the freezer. I believe that making it flat will make it quicker to defrost when you want it. when you want eggs, just defrost the mixture, add an egg or 2 and you have a yummy breakfast.

mine ended up 178 calories and 233 sodium

you can substitute the ingredients for what you like in your scramble. I'm am actually currently trying to make some hominy from dry so that I can add that, I love hominy in my scrambles. I will also be looking for lower sodium bacon.

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Always need those short cuts for getting breakfast quickly and getting out the door :)
  • ChefJeremyC
    Options
    Mexican Breakfast Wraps

Prep Time:20 min
    Start to Finish:20 min
    makes:4 servings

1 large green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
    1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
    1 3/4 cups fat-free egg product (from two 8-oz cartons)
    1/3 cup fat-free (skim) milk
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    4 fat-free flour tortillas (8 to10 inch)
    1/2 cup shredded fat-free Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
    1/4 cup chunky-style salsa

1. Spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onions; cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
    2. In medium bowl, mix egg product, milk, salt and pepper until well blended. Spray vegetables and skillet with cooking spray. Pour egg product mixture over vegetables; cook until set, occasionally stirring gently.
    3. Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package.
    4. To serve, place warm tortillas on individual plates. Spoon scrambled egg mixture down center of each tortilla. Top each with cheese and salsa. Roll up tortillas.

Nutritional Information

1 Serving: Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 10); Total Fat 1g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 1290mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 7g); Protein 22g
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Great recipe, thanks Chef. I was about to fuss about the cholesterol, and you gave us something with the egg beaters that might actually taste good. Well done sir, and congrats on what you've accomplished.