Does wheat deserve the bad rap it gets?

Options
Is wheat really that bad for you, especially if you only eat wheat products in moderation?

Replies

• divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    yes. yes it is.
  • postcall
    postcall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No its fine unless you have an allergy to it like I do. I have Celiac Disease so its different for me but I totally miss a good slice of Pizza every now and then.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Does if you are allergic to it! dont get it wrong I do miss breads and such but I dont miss what happens when I eat wheat :)!
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Personally, yes.
    I started eating Paleo and cut out all grains and I feel sooooooo much better about myself
  • IceDragon72
    Options
    I am not Celiac either, hence why I was wondering...
  • labyrinthrunner
    Options
    Another celiac here. Being celiac, I HAVE to give up wheat. BUT, i then went Paleo and gave up all grains and you would not believe how much better my body feels. Its like the difference between taking a nice hot relaxing bath or dunking yourself in ice water. But, you know, everyone is different.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I think everyone reacts to wheat differently. Some have a more severe reaction than others, some have none. While it would be wonderful if our bodies all acted the same, sadly, we're not! Cut out wheat for a few weeks and you'll find out what works for you.
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the posts here. If you don't have a reaction to it, don't worry about it. You can certainly test and see how you feel if you cut it out of your diet for a week or two.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Is wheat really that bad for you, especially if you only eat wheat products in moderation?

No