lifting resources for women

Options
Hi, I'm wanting to start doing a lot more lifting and I'm looking for some free and inexpensive resources. Any good book or website recommendations for women's lifting and strength training? I'm using the machines at the gym but my knowledge is limited so I'd like to branch out. Thanks!

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength. 10 bucks on kindle 30-40 hard copy.
  • victoriaannewilliams
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women! I haven't purchased it yet, but I've heard great things about it!
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women! I haven't purchased it yet, but I've heard great things about it!

^^^^ This!! It's an awesome book that walks you thru everything step by step. It's a 6 month program! I am on week 3 and I have lost inches and have upped my weights considerably already!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    New Rules of Lifting for Women, free from the library or $10 - $15 on kindle. I think it's a great all around program.
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    I know I'll get cuficied, but NROL4W is not the end all be all book or lifting program. It is actually MORE complicated than good old school non gender specific routines.
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    I know I'll get cuficied, but NROL4W is not the end all be all book or lifting program. It is actually MORE complicated than good old school non gender specific routines.

The workouts are not gender specific. It just helps a female out that has no idea where and how to start.
  • almorrow1s
    almorrow1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I downloaded samples of both books onto my nook so I'll see which one works better for me. Thanks again!
  • Determinednoob
    Options

The workouts are not gender specific. It just helps a female out that has no idea where and how to start.

Like any beginner material although SS is better at teaching actual core barbell lifts. And no workout is gender specific. They just market it that way.