Hello !! New to MFP...

Options
Hi there, my name is Jenn, most call me "Jinxy" don't know why, they just do. I recently moved to Pascagoula, Mississippi and am enjoying life on the gulf coast. I am new to this, but not new to needing to lose weight and take care of myself. I found it looking for a calorie counter resource and found out this has GREAT information and best of all, it was free and allows me access to others looking to alter their lives and habits.

I look forward to keeping up with others here trying to make sure that forty can be the new thirty! :bigsmile:

Replies

• HisJinxy
    HisJinxy Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi there, my name is Jenn, most call me "Jinxy" don't know why, they just do. I recently moved to Pascagoula, Mississippi and am enjoying life on the gulf coast. I am new to this, but not new to needing to lose weight and take care of myself. I found it looking for a calorie counter resource and found out this has GREAT information and best of all, it was free and allows me access to others looking to alter their lives and habits.

I look forward to keeping up with others here trying to make sure that forty can be the new thirty! :bigsmile:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck! my advice is to consume all your calories and it's okay to have a cheat day!

26920.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fluffyewe
    fluffyewe Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there. I am new also. I'm in Texas. My history includes loosing 70 lbs. about 3 1/2 years ago. In the last year approximately 20 lbs have crept back on. I can't afford to go the other direction so I'm taking charge of my life again. It is hard but having been there before I know its worth it. :smile:
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new too been here for a few days im in my forties too and feel so unfit....i have 64 pounds to lose!!! I decided to use this site because you have to check in daily which is great motivation for me. Good luck with your weight loss and welcome

Pamela :flowerforyou:
  • HisJinxy
    HisJinxy Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the great welcome!

I began today with the food journal offered here and it's so much easier when it does all the calculations for me. Seems I have been on a decent track so far. I will watch it for this week and see where I can either cut back or maybe add a snack in here.

I am needing to find some motivation to get more active.