Scales

Options
is it possible to be the exact same weight for two weeks in a row ? or could it be my scales that needs resettin? im not sure its strange cause ive dropped a jean size and ive lost inches and the scales is readin the same number every week this cant be right can it? if anyone has the same experience could you please shed some light as to why this is happening thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kingnatalie
    Options
    You could test your scale by first weighing yourself, then weigh yourself holding something with substantial weight - you would obviously notice the weight increase. Or even try weighing a weight (if you have any around) and see if your scale is accurate. Just a couple of small things you could try. It is possible to weigh the same weight 2 weeks in a row and see results based on measurements instead, that's why it is important to track both weight and measurements. There is more than one way to track weight loss/fitness.
  • bekarutt
    bekarutt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    if you workout its most likely because you are loosing fat and gaining muscle.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    if you workout its most likely because you are loosing fat and gaining muscle.

Thanks thats probably it cause im workin out everday :flowerforyou:
  • ccdo
    Options
    You could test your scale by first weighing yourself, then weigh yourself holding something with substantial weight - you would obviously notice the weight increase. Or even try weighing a weight (if you have any around) and see if your scale is accurate. Just a couple of small things you could try. It is possible to weigh the same weight 2 weeks in a row and see results based on measurements instead, that's why it is important to track both weight and measurements. There is more than one way to track weight loss/fitness.

thanks ill try ur methods and see if that will work ill start tracking everythin thanks so much :flowerforyou:
  • haileyco
    Options
    Sure that makes sense....because you are losing inches, which is AWESOME. I try not to live by the number on the scale, but enjoy the other perks like feeling better, clothes fitting better and losing inches. I would try not weiging in for a couple weeks and then see how you do!
  • ccdo
    Options
    Sure that makes sense....because you are losing inches, which is AWESOME. I try not to live by the number on the scale, but enjoy the other perks like feeling better, clothes fitting better and losing inches. I would try not weiging in for a couple weeks and then see how you do!

thanks have just found out my scale is .6 extra than my mums so ill use my mums tomorrow and see the real weight i am hope it will be good :happy: