Jillian Michael's Extreme Shed and Shred

Options
I bought Jillian's DVD, "Extreme Shed and Shred" and am wondering if anyone knows how many calories the work-outs burn?

Replies

• pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Think most people seem to put it down as 23 mins of circuit training on here
  • pea2pod
    Options
    Thank you! and congrats on your weight loss ;) I've lost 12 so far ... good luck to you!
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I burn at least 500 on levels 1 & 2 if you log it as circuit training you'll be cheating yourself!
  • ihavethree
    ihavethree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I actually just did it today with my polar heart rate monitor on and I burned 550 calories and it was about an hour and fifteen minutes long. I went hard core and did 90% of the moves without modifying. I also just came off doing the 30 day shred and have lost 5 pounds and feel amazing. I am alternating now with Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed and Shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No more trouble zones. Loving Jillian because her workouts are amazing!
  • pea2pod
    Options
    So how do you log it if not under circuit training?
  • debbiemccaffrey
    Options
    bump
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    How many programs does she have? It really makes you wonder. If she is doing this for pure $$$. Extreme this, shred that. Cmon.. Sorry but this is crazy.
  • svillakash
    Options
    I googled:' how many calories does extreme shed and shred burn' and the info came up.
  • pea2pod
    Options
    I'd like to know how to log the exercises so MFP can tell me how many calories I'm burning since I know the calorie burning is different depending on current weight, height, etc. It may burn 250 for one person but it could burn more for another ... Does anyone log their Shed and Shred workouts on here in a way other than circuit training?
  • Quibeful
    Quibeful Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just ran across your thread...I log it under Tai Bo. They are similar in heart rate averages for me.
  • FluffyGirl79
    Options
    How many programs does she have? It really makes you wonder. If she is doing this for pure $$$. Extreme this, shred that. Cmon.. Sorry but this is crazy.

With all due respect, I really could care less if she does it for money or not....as long as I enjoy them and they burn fat and keep me motivated, who cares? Lol
  • nauti2012
    Options
    I have invested in a heart rate monitor... It does all the calculations for you... they are very easy to work with.. :flowerforyou:
  • tam_a_ram_a
    tam_a_ram_a Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't care if she does it for the money. Her videos work. I've got more muscle definition at 37 than I did in my 20s. All that matters is that her videos work, and they work well.
  • rgarcia10310
    Options
    I did Ripped in 30 last night, week 1..and did with my HRM and burned 504 calories. Hope that helps. I would log it under circut training.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM to track workout calories burned. Just to give you an idea, here are my burns for Extreme Shed & Shred:

Level 1 (42 minutes, including warm-up and cool-down): 282 calories
    Level 2 (53 minutes, including warm-up and cool-down): 356 calories

I'm 48, 5'5", 140 lbs. I've never attempted the double-length Level 1&2 back to back. A little *too* extreme for me! I would imagine it would add up to at least 550 calories. Hope this helps!
  • grandmastorm
    grandmastorm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I still have yet to figure out how to actually log extreme shed and shred on mfp. can anybody help me>