This grinds my gears!

Options
Moofey2
Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
:grumble: What made me grind my gears this morning?

A story about a girl on the radio... A girl found out her boyfriend had skin cancer and dumped him because he got diagnosed with it... The same day he found out about it, She did not want to date him because she did not want to have to take care of someone, and wanted to be able to go out in the sun... I think the whole world heard me call her obscene names... Even the radio djs called her a B**. I would not know or understand her position but... Really?

This is a stupid rant but I figured I would share...

What grinds your gears??

Replies

• dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Not depressing the clutch fully....
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Not depressing the clutch at all...
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Well I look at that story in two ways. One yes shes a B!tch for being so shallow and we now know shes only looking out for herself. And two, at least she got out and not tried to stay with him. Being so self centered and staying with him would have hurt him more. She would have neglected him and probably left him high and dry most of the time just so she could play. So in the long run it's for the best. There are plenty of people like that out there.

On to grinding my gears. Slow drivers in the fast lane or carpool lane (Cali driver here). And people slurping their coffee. Yes its hot, so wait a little bit.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    IDK. If their relationship was brief and not serious, I can't really blame her. None of us know enough about their relationship to judge.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    wow...that is the shallowest thing I have nearly ever heard!~ Definatally a B! IF anything, should could have at least acted a BIT compassionate!
  • Moofey2
    Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    IDK. If their relationship was brief and not serious, I can't really blame her. None of us know enough about their relationship to judge.

A year she said
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    This every time, and my syncronizer is going out so second gear tends to grind more :(

Also, she needs to be slapped.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It is sad that they broke up over something like this- but some people are purely not ready for a commitment with a huge issue like this. True, she could have handled it better but also she didn't string the guy along.

When my boyfriend (back when I was 18) came out as transexual to me I tried my best to cope with it (the dressing in girls clothes, the need to call them an exceedingly feminine name etc.) but in the end when uni came around we broke up as I just didn't feel like I was in the same relationship any more.

But a gear grinders; the woman who told me at the gym today that I was disgusting for sweating so much, having to live at home as there's no full time jobs in the area, that you can't get samples of whey protein powder to see what it tastes like (I don't want to fork out for a 2kg tub to find out I don't like the taste!), that I know people who speak English as a second language then most people in my local area do as a first, the general lack of grammar in the world and finally people who think I'm unintelligent because I'm dyslexic.

That is all...

... for now ;D
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Makes me want to slap her silly.

What grinds my gears, people who come to the bank and think you are psychic and know exactly what they need...

Pisses me off.
    :mad:
    :explode:
    :angry:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    People who think they have the right to "rate" other people by their looks really grind my gears, especially when these people are not aware they are being judged in such a way. I read a post today where some guy said he got a treadmill in the back of the gym to rate all the ladies' *kitten*, and it made me a little bit sick to my stomach. I don't know why it bothers me so much - probably because I think comparing a bunch of people whose situations are completely unknown to you to be unfair and disrespectful.

Oh, and telemarketers/tech support agents/receptionists/etc with accents so thick you have to ask them what they said five times before you get it. I'm in complete support of equal opportunity employment and I adore living in a multicultural society, but I feel like being articulate and easy to understand is kind of important in those jobs.

Also, guy's lucky he found out she was a ***** a year in rather than five. He'll meet someone fantastic and be better off.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Winner :flowerforyou:
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options

What grinds my gears, people who come to the bank and think you are psychic and know exactly what they need...

Pisses me off.

We have patients here call daily the same way. LOL. TOTALLY understand. AND the fact that 99% of the offices in the world...have receptionists... we work in the department you are calling people, we are not a call center, we need to ask certain questions without the attitude thank you so much! Grrrrr. We are the gatekeepers. You don't get past us until you SPEAK COHERANTLY.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    that you can't get samples of whey protein powder to see what it tastes like (I don't want to fork out for a 2kg tub to find out I don't like the taste!)

totally agreed! if the bar will give me samples of beer before i buy a whole glass, why can't health clubs let me sample the protein?
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    that you can't get samples of whey protein powder to see what it tastes like (I don't want to fork out for a 2kg tub to find out I don't like the taste!)

totally agreed! if the bar will give me samples of beer before i buy a whole glass, why can't health clubs let me sample the protein?

I look at the other flavours they have at the shop and I'm like... would I enjoy that banana or strawberry? Or should I stick to the chocolate? Ah, chocolate again!
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options

Pisses me off.

Oh, I know how you feel!! AND not wanting you to ID them because they have been with the bank for um-teen years... Excuse me, but you may have been with the bank longer than I've been alive; HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that I know WHO THE F&*^ YOU ARE!

To add on to that- People who talk on their cell phones, in a public place, LOUDLY like it's everyone's business!

That is all... :)
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    :grumble: What made me grind my gears this morning?

A story about a girl on the radio... A girl found out her boyfriend had skin cancer and dumped him because he got diagnosed with it... The same day he found out about it, She did not want to date him because she did not want to have to take care of someone, and wanted to be able to go out in the sun... I think the whole world heard me call her obscene names... Even the radio djs called her a B**. I would not know or understand her position but... Really?

This is a stupid rant but I figured I would share...

What grinds your gears??

This makes me want to b**ch slap her. I've been in her boyfriend's position, and if my (now husband, then boyfriend) had dumped me that day I was diagnosed with melanoma I probably would have gone BSC on him. To tell someone with skin cancer that she'd rather go out in the sun is deplorable.
    That, really, REALLY grinds my gears.