10% of my {starting} body weight....gone!

Options
I stepped on the scale today to a one pound weight loss since Saturday and I had a mini "Yay me" moment.

And then I went about my morning.

As I was drying my hair, I was doing some "Yay me" math in my head. Before joining My Fitness Pal, I had lost 20 pounds from my original weight. So i had to add that to the 6 pounds I had lost on My Fitness Pal. And now, I have one more pound gone....oh wait, that's 27 pounds...that's almost (and we are going to round down for happiness factor) 10% of my starting weight. OHHOLYWOW! HOLY WOW! That is the size of my new puppy and my friends 2 year old put together...that is gone from my body! Woo HOO!!!!

Now, for those of you wondering why I joined MFP if I had already lost 20 pounds on my own...I was using another site. And it has all sorts of distractions like games and trivia and a wheel to spin. And I found that my loss had stalled out even though I was still on the site. I was on the site to play, not be productive. Not read about real people who are doing the same thing I am, going through the same struggles, wondering the same things. So, my best friend recommended MFP to me and now, 7 pounds later I met the first of my mini-goals. I lost 10% of my body weight.

So what now? Now, I do it again.

Thank you MFP community for being here (I lurk and read a lot, even though I don't post and I do my own research off site too). I love all of the useful information, laothe all of the "I'm a special case lazy *kitten*" but appreciate that you have to start somewhere, so thank you for reminding me of where I was 5 months ago. Guess what? I'm not special. I can lose weight. I did lose 10% of my weight....and I will do it again!

AND I just recalculated my BMI...I am down 4 points!!! Still not out of the obese realm, but oh, so much closer!!!

Replies

• skyeliz525
    skyeliz525 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I guess it's not that big a deal after all...
  • alanrosez
    Options
    It's a huge deal! YAY for you and congrats!!!!
  • MsDandimite
    MsDandimite Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    It's an enormous deal! Way to go :) You've done awesomely ^_^

snoopy-dance.gif
  • shannonmch
    shannonmch Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Way to go and Congrats:)
  • sisswright
    sisswright Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    thought about what that would have made ur original weight and i did my calculations too and im a few pounds away from losing 10 % myself! How Cool!!! Thanks for opening my eyes!
  • skyeliz525
    Options
    thought about what that would have made ur original weight and i did my calculations too and im a few pounds away from losing 10 % myself! How Cool!!! Thanks for opening my eyes!

You're welcome! And CONGRATS to you too!

I guess I could have made that a little easier! I started at a whopping 277...and am now down to 250!!

My doctor was the one who opened my eyes to the 10% idea. She said that I needed to lose weight and even losing 10 pounds was good but 10% was better. I think she played some sort of jedi mind trick on me with numbers...10 and 10...not so different, right?!?!? Uh, yeah, no!
  • checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I want to join your 10% club, too. What a great idea as a goal-marker. Much better than the 10,20,30 pound markers. Right now I'm at 8%. Thanks to you and your inspriration, I'm now aiming to be a ten-percenter, just like you.
  • rosabud
    Options
    Congratulations! 10% is a big goal for Weight Watchers. When you lose 10% of your body weight, you feel it. You start to feel better, and most people can usually see a difference by 10%. I think it's a great way to keep track of losses. I'm desperate to get to my 10%, but I've been having trouble. Not giving up though!
  • skyeliz525
    Options
    Congratulations! 10% is a big goal for Weight Watchers. When you lose 10% of your body weight, you feel it. You start to feel better, and most people can usually see a difference by 10%. I think it's a great way to keep track of losses. I'm desperate to get to my 10%, but I've been having trouble. Not giving up though!

Thanks! I do FEEL better! And I can tell that clothes fit better - I've even had to resort to some "old" jeans that I used to not be able to wear! Hehehe! I love that"resort to old jeans - as if it's a bad thing!!! LOL!!!

I have some dear friends that are so supportive that sometimes when they say that I look like I've lost weight, I don't believe them. And I don't really see it when I look in the mirror (especially not in my face), but I feel it...and I see the the numbers on the scale.

You can do it! I know you can!!!
  • dragonfly_em
    dragonfly_em Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    it's a huge deal!!!! a huge achievement - good on you. one of the lampposts on the way towards my goal (like running - i go from lamppost to lamppost rather than getting overwhelmed by the huge distance and suddenly i find i've done 5km) and i'm so close too! I was thrilled when i lost 5% of my original weight - i know the health benefits are significant yet i'd never seen myself being able to do it. But once i put my mind to it, it wasn't too dreadful.
    So soon you will be hitting 25% which is a quarter of your weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!