Unwanted advice

Options
Does anyone else hate it when ppl realise your trying to loose weight and they start giving you unwanted lectures you didn't ask for and most of the time is either irrellevant to your goal or totally untrue lol
x

Replies

• rhondaf57
    rhondaf57 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I keep having family members tell me that I look sooo much better than I used to, ( thin when I was annorexic), and I do not need to lose wt! My size 16 jeans are too tight and my cholesterol too high, with my doctor admitting I need to be at a wt of 130! I admit I do look better than I did at 90-98 lbs and 5' 7", who wouldn't! I know my family means well, and are afraid that I might let wt loss get out of hand again, but I do get tired of hearing this load of crap. Afterall, I am older and have health issues that will keep the wt loss at a crawl, and I do not like going without food for days at a time anymore!:sad:
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I got used to this having kids - starts when your pregnant and the whole world seems to know how you 'should' be doing things.

Smile and nod and carry on as you were. Every so often someone will surprise you by saying something useful that you hadn't thought of.
  • DeathKitty23
    DeathKitty23 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thank god im no the only one then lol
    Thanks guys:)
  • BamaGirl777
    Options
    Some people tell me I am going to dry up and blow away if I keep losing weight. I have 50 more pounds
    to go and when I tell them that they say I am crazy... I just let it go in one ear and out the other. When I joined
    MFP I was like at 203 pounds, but my highest weight was 266, so I have lost a lot of weight, but still have a
    good bit to go!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    If i ever encountered this I would surely hate it. Face to face I'm the type of person that does not invite random advice w/o even saying a word. So i never have this problem.
    Same for random are u pregnant questions and general unsolicited commentary. My mean face holds up well
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    "Thank you, I'll look into that"

and by "look into" I mean ignore