Runners I need product suggestions

Options
I've been running since March an am up to 8 miles. When I started I used the same chaffing gel I had always used on my legs. This stuff from monistat...can buy it at wally pretty cheap works great. Well in about the last month or so that stuff wears off my inner arms an my thighs super fast that I end up chaffed. Whats a great thing to try other than running tights/capris ( i have one pair right the moment)

Replies

• SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I use Vaseline. Works like a charm for me.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Body Glide is good! Comes in a tube similar to a stick deodorant.
  • Culley34
    Options
    BodyGlide also makes a "liquid powder" that I would recommend over the solid stick.

Once you chaff - I suggest using A&D cream. Works like a charm.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Perhaps another brand or type of anti chaffing product. I have 'Body Glide' and it's not greasy at all. No clue how it compares to other products, I just started using it but it works great for me. I think tights or sleeves are the best bet but you already mentioned those. Good luck!
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Ya my cure all is diaper rash cream works great!

I'll have to look into some body glide then! thanks everyone
  • BucsGirl4Life
    BucsGirl4Life Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Body Glide....I also wear longer running shorts, I think 4 inch. in seam.
  • rcryer631
    rcryer631 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Vasoline works great.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I use Sport Shield. I forgot mine when I traveled for my first half marathon so I picked up some vaseline since I couldn't get to a sporting goods store. It was completely absorbed into my skin by about halfway through and I ended up with some very uncomfortable spots after that race.

The Body Glide stuff is good too but I found that I liked Sports Shield the best. It's a roll-on product and it takes a really good scrubbing in the showing to get it off so I know that just my sweat and the motion of my clothes isn't ever going to rub it off or have it absorb in. Once I got the Sports Shield I went from constant chafed spots all over my body after every run and at least one blister after each long run to never having another chafed spot or another blister. (Other than the race I forgot it for)
  • tritostayfit
    Options
    Vaseline... Body Glide is second but Vaseline works the best...
  • CMarshek
    CMarshek Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Vaseline and Udder Butter are the cheapest and the best quality I have found. Both last an entire marathon for me.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Glide or Vaseline
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I used to use plain ol deoderant between my thighs. Worked like a charm.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    My vote goes to body glide. Mission brand anti chafe doesn't seem to work well.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Can anybody who uses body glide comment on how much you are supposed to apply at once?
  • dlashawn5
    dlashawn5 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that problem, but I heard vaseline was good!
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I use glide
  • paloksu10
    paloksu10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Baby oil
  • helpmeherman
    helpmeherman Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I could invest in Body Glide. I've been running for 5 years, and am constantly amazed at my body's ability to find new places to chafe in. I'm about to run in my 12th half marathon in a few weeks, and before the race I will slather myself in Body Glide.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Can anybody who uses body glide comment on how much you are supposed to apply at once?

just a thin film. it's barely even there. seems like it won't do anything, but it works really well.