eggs for breakfast? protein boost?

Options
2»

Replies

• trtmom
    trtmom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    really fancy something eggy for breakfast tomorrow but not sure what. Help MFP!

I recently had an egg beaters omelet with homemade salsa....yumm!
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    One of my faves... top steamed asparagus with a couple poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce or sour cream. Sometimes I add prosciutto or lox.
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    One of my faves... top steamed asparagus with a couple poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce or sour cream. Sometimes I add prosciutto or lox.

Oh yes!!!!!!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Oh I love eggs. I'm allergic to chicken eggs and can only have eggs when I find duck eggs. YUM!

My favorite is simply a fried egg (in a little butter or ghee), with sliced tomatoes and avocado, and one slice of sour dough toast.

Or, a one egg omelet with ham, mushrooms, onions, cheese, topped with salsa and the one slice of toast.

Except I always skip breakfast and head to the gym, then come home to eat the yummy stuff.

Working out fasted helps your body produce HGH internally, which gives you many benefits including weight loss. I don't need the weight loss anymore but I like all the other youthful benefits. :)
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I could eggs for every meal I think! mmmm

Here's a quick, healthy scramble I make many mornings:

1/2 cup egg whites (the kind in the carton).. sometimes I'll add 1 whole egg as well
    1 cup spinach
    2 slices Trader Joe's uncured turkey bacon (SRSLY delicious)
    1/4 cup low fat shredded mozarella

lots of protein! mmmmmmmmmm
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    1 egg, 3 egg whites, 1/4 cup of black beans and a handful of spinach. Love this breakfast!!
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    Fried eggs, poached eggs, egg sandwich, omelette, sunny side up, over easy, scramble w/ veggies.

this. endless possibilities.

Endless possibilities is right!!! oh wait, we were talking about eggs :blushing:
  • aruiz13
    aruiz13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    my go to breakfast is 2 egg whites with jalapenos and a slice of whole wheat bread! yum
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    I've been known to eat an egg or 2

photo.jpg
  • katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    wow that's a lot of eggs!!!!

Good recipes, keep them coming :)
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options

photo.jpg

How many do you eat in a day? Do you eat them by themselves or in recipes? What else do you eat? Do you boil them and peal them all at once weekly?
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options

How many do you eat in a day? Do you eat them by themselves or in recipes? What else do you eat? Do you boil them and peal them all at once weekly?

At this point for breakfast I eat 5 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 cup milk, 1 cup oj. Either boil and peel all at once or on busy weekends buy precooked\peeled. If your question about what else I eat was all day rather than breakfast only, you can check my diary as it is always open to anyone.
  • aehenson
    Options
    I make "egg white muffins" & have them for about 3 days. Egg whites (equivalent of 8), veggies, 3 tbsp salsa - mix it all together & bake til they are finished. Make sure they are completely cooled off before you store them in the fridge to avoid sogginess. Easy for on-the-go.
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Post workout I often have: egg whites, diced green peppers, diced green onions, spinach, parmesan cheese, diced fresh-from-vine tomatoes, and sometimes I add turkey. I usually serve it scrambled.
  • lasooch
    Options
    I just make a simple omelette (1 tbsp of flour per each egg) and eat it with jam (preferably plum).

You put flour in your omelette???

Yeah, that's how my grandmother used to make them. Beat the egg whites, add a little flour, add the yolks, mix with a spoon, pour on a frying pan with some margerine. Idk if that's the "proper" way but it's tasty.