Anti Candida Diet - How do I get my calories up?

Options
I started the strict anti-candida diet three days ago and I am having the hardest time getting anywhere near my 1,880 calories for the day, which is my current calories allotted with My Fitness Pal. I worked out today and burned 630 calories and so I burned almost double the calories that I ate. I have yet to eat dinner, but I know it will barely make a dent. Last night when I clicked "Complete this Entry", it gave me the warning that I am eating too few calories.

Is there anyone also on the strict anti-candida diet that would add me as a friend? I want and need to see how others are eating on this diet. Also to note: I am mostly vegetarian (except for poultry). I had cut down to only eating turkey, duck, or chicken 2x a month, but I am finding myself adding these back in just so I can get closer to my calorie goal.

Symptoms I have experienced that lead me to believe I have candidiasis: cracked and peeling lips, scaly peeling forehead, dark circle under one of my eyes, extreme itchiness in armpits and under breasts, sick more often than the normal person, excessive fatigue, chemical sensitivity (I can't be around strong chemical odors), crazy sweet/bread cravings, brain fogginess sometimes, migraines sometimes. Very recently, I had a bad experience with a dermatologist, which soured me to going back to one. Yesterday, an acquaintance gave me her naturopath's card, which I am considering.

What I am doing to combat: I am on the strict version of the diet. I did not do the Cleanse because I could not imagine doing so. I started taking Candida Clear and Ultimate Flora RTS Women's Probiotic. I already ate a ton of garlic, but now I am eating even more (much to my fiance's chagrin). To try to kill the yeast on my face, I am now moisturizing with olive oil with a few drops of tea tree oil. Then I will rub coconut oil on my lips for added moisture. I just shampooed today adding a few drops of tea tree oil added. I am staying on my birth control pills (Desogen generic) for the time being, because I just picked up new pills a month back. I will be talking to my doc about another option when I see her later this fall.

Anyways, help, please! Would love to see other MFP people's diets so I could get some inspiration. Fingers crossed!

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    How long are you doing it? I only did it for two weeks. I probably wouldn't exercise during that time frame because it is so restrictive. I did things like make my own mayonnaise, my own tortillas etc. You can get a candida test done.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Really, the lab test and meds are lots easier and cheaper....and it could be something else. It's pretty hard to starve those little buggers.
  • rhymeswithtwee
    rhymeswithtwee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do it until I experience the dieoff. Would you send me your tortilla recipe? Something like that would really help.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    When you say " the strict anti-candida diet " do you have a link to a description. If it's low carb / low sugar then you need to eat lots of fat to get your calories - oily fish and avoid lean / diet / lite versions of anything.
  • jezzydoll
    Options
    I am on this diet also. I am not tracking my food nor am I excersising. I am on it for 6 weeks as well as a gluten/sugar/dairy cleanse. It is hard to track and because I am eating fewer calories than i'm supposed to I am not tracking them. add me if you want more help.
  • 2BhappyBhealthy
    2BhappyBhealthy Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    avocado. tons of avocado... And I think you can eat more meat (chicken and turkey right?) Or protein powders maybe?
  • rhymeswithtwee
    Options
    Here is the diet I am following:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm

There are times I am slightly going off diet, but only slightly. I hadn't realized I couldn't have hummus, so I had some on Tuesday. Also, at first last weekend I had whole wheat pasta, but now I am off that. Last night I had soba noodles made from black/brown rice. They were actually delicious.
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey what was your Mayo recipe?
  • Time2Recognize
    Options
    Angular chelitis can be a candida problem as well right? I've had splits in the corner of my lips for...of gosh, months now. Ive started using abreva however if it's candida or fungal related, that will do nothing for me. Anyone know what I can naturally do to get rid of it? Or any experiences with it? What are the principles of the candida diet exactly?
  • rhymeswithtwee
    Options
    Time2Recogniz: The diet I am following pretty religiously is here: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoeat.htm

The handful of times I have gone out to restaurants, I have done as best as I can, but can't be 100% sure I didn't slightly break it.

I was also getting angular chelitis in the corners of my mouth. For skin, I am mixing olive oil with 3-4 drops of tea tree oil in a small soy sauce dish and rubbing that on my entire face. I also use a product from Ethically Engineered ( http://ethicallyengineered.myshopify.com/products/come-closer-hemp-oil-lip-balm-in-peppermint-pot ) on my lips and it has really helped them since I started with it..
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have no advice. I just wanted to point out that I thought this said Anit-Canada diet, and I was offended for half a second. ;)
  • Time2Recognize
    Options
    I have no advice. I just wanted to point out that I thought this said Anit-Canada diet, and I was offended for half a second. ;)

That was what I first though I saw!
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i have no idea what this diet entails, haven't clicked the link. But, I wanted to warn you about tea tree oil. I love the stuff, but have learned the hard way that if you don't dilute it, it will leave red scars. I have used it from full strength and diluted with water on a cotton ball --- not even sure that was enough. They also sell it as little cleansing pads (nutural facial cleansing pads with tea tree oil). I've used those on my face to cleanse and they are fine EXCEPT if you use them directly on a zit, most likely that zit will scar and be around for several months.
    Just be gentle with that stuff b/c it's very powerful.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Not on the diet, but why not try eating the coconut oil as well as using it topically. It has 120 calories per tablespoon and is really good for skin conditions.
  • kriss213
    Options
    That's a great suggestion! CO is a strong anti-fungal.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I would like to know what exactly Candida is, the symptoms you said sound just like what I am having right now...