What's next??? Taking the leap!

Options
I just achieved my goal of logging my food every day for a year. Since last September I have also lost 46lbs (194.4-148), went from a size 12/14 to a 6/8 and decreased body fat % from 33.9 to 22%. I am taking the leap today and setting my calories to maintenance. The scale has been stuck for awhile now and while I'm not overly concerned about losing more I wouldn't mind dropping a few more pounds. I'm trying to keep it all in perspective and listen to my body. Perhaps my body likes where it is at weight wise? I have been lifting, doing spin class and reading the Eat More 2 Weigh Less info. Gonna try to up my calories and see if it helps me build muscle, lose more inches and maybe a little more weight. Now that I am a year in people have asked "what's next?" I've been thinking about this a lot. I think I need to drink more water, improve the quality of my food intake and focus less on the scale. The last one is going to be my toughest challenge. Do any of you who have made the switch from weight loss to maintenance have any helpful tidbits for me? It's a bit of a scary step as I fear I will put weight back on by upping calories.

Replies

• mandiemma
    mandiemma Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice for you, but just wanted to say "congrats" on the weight loss and the logging!!!
  • jayhawkfan51
    jayhawkfan51 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a year. Thats fantastic! I too am nearing the next phase and it really scares me. I can say that when I hit a plateau I upped my calories for a few days and did drop a few pounds. So that may help you with those last few.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Recommendation.

If 3 weeks with no changes in weight or measurement - you are already eating at maintenance for this level of activity.

Now, the question is - what deficit do you think you have right now? Meaning this is how much more you would start eating of course.

While it's obviously not there or you would be losing something, still might be useful to know.
    If you thought you had a 500 cal deficit - then that is one suppressed metabolism you've got. If you start eating that much extra every day, on top of maintenance, guess what is going to happen?

Got a decently accurate bodyfat% estimate?

How close to desired goal weight?
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How about this? You have achieved your weight loss goal. Now it is time for a fitness goal! 10k? Triathlon, Rock climbing? Find a new passion. Imagine how cool your boys would think that was. CELEBRATE the new strong able body you have!
    It is the fitness goals that have kept me at this size for the last 8 years. And I wasn't much of an athlete either when I started. (No varsity sports letters for this gal!)
    It’s been the physical challenges of triathlon season, hunting season, and snowboard season. Those goals are rewarding in a whole new way while allowing you to become stronger and healthier without focusing on the scale. I even used a triathlon goal to get back in shape after pregnancy. What podium do you want to stand on next?