Hello I am new and in need of some support. :)

Options
Hello I'm Ciara i'm a new mother and I gained a lot of weight after stopping breast feeding. YES you heard that right! I didn't gain but 5 extra pounds after having my little girl. but when breast feeding I had to take in more calories and when I stopped the calories came a knocking on my *kitten*. lol My goal it to just get back into shape. My weight is 205 and I know this is going to sound stupid or something but.........I WANT TO LOOK GOOD NAKED AGAIN LOL

Replies

• chrissylovescj
    chrissylovescj Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound stupid, at all! Feel free to add me! Congrats to being a new mom! You're going to need to be in shape to keep up with that little one soon!
  • RychelleD
    RychelleD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new on MFP and looking to meet new friends on here. I find it motivating! I'm also a mom and trying to lose the weight from having my daughter. Add me if u like :)
  • heiditommy
    Options
    hi there, i am very new..day 2 for me...i am still learning about all of this..so i need help in all of it
  • ciara2089dave
    Options
    Same her darling...second day for me...I'm praying that it works for me. Add me and we can't help one another. :)
  • mhurd76
    mhurd76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I've been on here since March, but just recently added new friends and started using the message boards. What a world of difference it makes! Always looking for new friends, support and motivation, feel free to add me :)
  • Zoe0202
    Options
    Hi i am new to MFP to and would love to have extra support from diet friends................I also want to look good naked! Actually i want to look HOT! Feel freeto add me as a friend x
  • Zoe0202
    Options
    Hi!! I am looking for support and motivation to......the night are sooooo hard x Can I add you?
  • PeteSuppoti
    Options
    Hi I am new to the site and I have struggled motivating myself to get back into shape after many years of a sedentary lifestyle. I could use all the help I can get.
  • ciara2089dave
    Options
    lol yea same here.
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi - not stupid at all :-P I sent you a Friend Request and we can do this together!

Congrats on your new baby :happy:

Anyone on the feed can add me if they are looking for support!
  • ciara2089dave
    Options
    this is amazing I really didn't think i would have so many people talking to me...thanks for the helping hands. Nice to know there are other people that think like me. lol
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not look 6 month pregnant. I am about 1/2 way there.
  • MOLAGUE78
    MOLAGUE78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I am new to this too. My 2nd day. I had a baby 1 year ago and have not lost the weight. I am more motivated then ever to get back to my pre-baby body. Good luck!!! I know you can do it. You already made the first step, and that's joining myfitnesspal and getting motivated.
  • dmarhal
    dmarhal Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Nature does that to us. It stores fat in the butt for nursing. Cutting calories of junk is a start but don't go too low or you'll go in starvation mode and your body will hold on to anything. Eat Lots Of Veggys and you'll always be full and usually on or under your calorie quota. Exercise regularly every day. Start lifting weights. Muscle burns fat. The more muscle you have the more you burn. You will not turn into Arnold S. unless you start taking testosterone so don't worry. You will look buff and healthy and burn fat. Do this 2-3 times a week. Stretch after any workout. You can use your child as your 'weight' depending on her/his weight. There are many books on postpartum exercise with children. You can get them at the library. There's no excuse not to exercise. You can use stretch tubes available at most department stores like Walmart or Target. I was a fitness coach for many years so I know about these things. I taught classes on fitness. You CAN do this! I wish I had. I waited till I was 50 to get back in shape, much harder. I am 59 and still struggling but not quitting! This website is really helping and making me aware of how much I unknowingly or thoughtlessly consumed. I worked out 8+times a week. But I ate more than I took in. Do the math. Ya gotta burn more than you eat or not consume it in the first place. I'm as healthy as I've ever been so once I lose some more weight I'll be even healthier and my knees will love me again.

Also think about this:

When you start to think that it's just too hard to keep going, and it's soooo easy for other people to lose weight, remember this. The grass is NOT greener on the other side of the fence, it's greener where it's watered! So don't give up on yourself, Keep 'watering your own grass' and it WILL grow (and you will shrink!). Focus on yourself, not someone else. They may be luckier than you or they may work harder than you. This is YOUR journey, not their's. Do you best and don't give up.
  • ciara2089dave
    Options
    lol too funny...I know the feeling
  • dmarhal
    dmarhal Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Find something you really like doing and doing it with someone if possible to make yourselves accountable to each other. If you have to show up to meet someone to work out you're more likely to do it. It walking on a treadmill doesn't trip your trigger, find something else like bike riding. And remember to lift weights. Muscle burns fat. The more muscle you have the more fat you burn and you'll look and feel better too. You CAN do this!

Remember this:

When you start to think that it's just too hard to keep going, and it's soooo easy for other people to lose weight, remember this. The grass is NOT greener on the other side of the fence, it's greener where it's watered! So don't give up on yourself, Keep 'watering your own grass' and it WILL grow (and you will shrink!). Focus on yourself, not someone else. They may be luckier than you or they may work harder than you. This is YOUR journey, not their's. Do you best and don't give up.
  • ciara2089dave
    Options
    thank you...all your information is helpful.
  • sadrac4683
    sadrac4683 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am new at this and just looking for some support. I have struggled with being overweight all my life and i definitely want to change that. So send me a friend request.