NFL 2012 Kickoff Challenge

Options
Thought I would share something to that would promote healthier habits during NFL Season.

Another NFL season is here. Here is a little challenge that is worth it - much better than downing a man soda and a bag o'doritos

I call it Stagnated Commercial Challenge - Low Weight w/High Reps.

When the game rolls to commercial, halftime or boring commentary about "Thats a bunch of big sweaty men banging each other" or sitting through the former coach's torrent of noises and "Sanzenbacher" pronunciations for the better part of an afternoon.

Use Kettlebells, Resistance Bands or Dumbbells. Pick a weight that is enough to fatigue your muscle for the exercise, but not so much weight that is cause a strain. Trick is Low Weight w/High Reps. Remember to Focus on Form and Always remember to breathe in and breathe out during your exercise.

Below is an example of what I did using my Bodylastics Resistance Bands. Complete each circuit during commercials or halftime show. Feel free to mix it up or customize. Key is to do something that will benefit your healthy lifestyle.

Bicep curls 25lbs 130 reps.

Shoulder presses 25lbs 100 reps.

Overhead tricep presses 25lbs 150 reps.

Incline chest press 25lbs 100 reps.

Lunges 30lbs 80 reps.

Calf raises 30lbs 170 reps.

Bent Over Reverse Lat Rows 23lbs 119 reps.

Shrugs 60lbs 150 reps.

Standing Abs Crunches 23lbs 110 reps.

Well that is all folks. Hope you give it a try. Feedback or Suggestions will be appreciated.

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Good suggestion but I'm pretty solid and consistent with exercise and diet during the week that if I'm lifting anything than a beer (soda at worst), pizza, or some kind of fun food on Sunday afternoon I'm going to be seriously disappointed in myself.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I have been doing bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, side laterals, front laterals, and side bends using the 12lbs dumbbells I have. I didn't think to increase my reps. I was doing 2 sets with about 15-25 reps each. Tonight is gym night with the weights. I will increase my reps next weekend and wear my hrm to track my cals burned.
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I did shoulder raises last night. I went to bodybuilders.com and found workouts for the dumbbells. I burned a quick 90 calories last night while watching the game. I had to stop to help with homework. But it is on from now on since the refs sucks. lol
  • Dark_Latin_Guy
    Dark_Latin_Guy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Alright Now, WTG CB...