Yesterday I weighed 138.2...

Options
And now today I am 136.8.... is it normal to be almost a pound and half less in one day?!

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    Did you weigh in at the same time yesterday as today?

Water weight is usually the answer.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    yep! and tomorrow u might be a pound up... and then 2lbs down.... weight fluctuates day by day...
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    When I weighed myself everyday, I saw about a 3 pound fluctuation even if I weighed myself at the same time every day. Totally normal.
  • hansenh1
    hansenh1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always do it first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom and have drank or ate NOTHING.
  • KStyleFitness
    KStyleFitness Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes! Depending on what you eat and how much you worked out, how much water you had, and sodium levels, it could fluctuate 1-3 pounds daily, even more. For a newbie, I would suggest weighing daily for awhile and charting their weight. Fluctuations due to what you eat/exercise/TOM and other things will show up. Then you can better understand the flucuations and not worry about them too much. The weight you accept is accurate is the once a week, at least a week apart weigh-in.
  • hansenh1
    hansenh1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i usually weigh in every Monday but decided to do it again today because I was let down to see the scale go up a pound from last week. I guess we shouldn't really be concerned unless its more than that?
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    OH yes! My weight, during a given week, can fluctuate w/in two pounds either way.
    My official weigh-in is only once per week, always on the same day, always at the same time of day, and always the SECOND thing I do in the morning. (First, I pee.):bigsmile:
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    When I weighed myself everyday, I saw about a 3 pound fluctuation even if I weighed myself at the same time every day. Totally normal.

This.
  • Inamourada
    Options
    Yes, weight fluctuates. It'll take a few times weighing yourself so that you can figure out what your body's basic range is. Mine is a range of about 3 pounds throughout even one day. Try weighing yourself at the same time everyday...it's usually best right when you wake up before breakfast is in your stomach :D
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    I've lost up to 6lbs overnight. Water weight. It happens.
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said, yes this is normal.

I recommend weighing yourself every day and keeping a five day average. It's easy to set up in Excel. That way you can see whether you're actually going up or down.