Quick Breakfast

Okay I'm in college, so I am not always up early in the mornings! :wink: I need a quick breakfast food that I can pick up on the mad dash to class. I usually eat Pop-Tarts or Quaker Oats Granola Bars, but these seem to be rather bad for my diet. Does anyone know of anything I could eat on the go that is good for me??

Replies

• Okay I'm in college, so I am not always up early in the mornings! :wink: I need a quick breakfast food that I can pick up on the mad dash to class. I usually eat Pop-Tarts or Quaker Oats Granola Bars, but these seem to be rather bad for my diet. Does anyone know of anything I could eat on the go that is good for me??
  • I like the Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar, They are 140 calories, BUT they have 9g of fiber. They taste good and keep my full till Lunch.
  • How about yogurt in one of those 6 or 8 ounce containers? Or a bagel and peanut butter. Or a banana and a handful of almonds.... and don't forget to drink a glass of water.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    I just bought the Fiber One Oats & Chocolate Bar at Costco... And they're pretty inexpensive for a large box.

They are loaded with fiber so be careful b/c if you aren't used to having so much fiber in your system at one time you may get a bit gassy :embarassed: ... hey, you may as well know the truth.

They are delicious and do not taste at all like "diet" or "protein" bars.

Either way, enjoy!!!
    Angela
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Have you tried the Odwalla bars? I found them near the power bars and such. I bought one today and they are rather tasty compared to some of the others. I have some Fiber One granola bars but they are to sweet for my liking. I also like to have yogurt with some Total Whole Grain cereal or other cereal.
    If you like eggs, I cook one in the microwave with no oil and put it onto an english muffin.

Those are a few that I enjoy.

Eve
  • The Fiber One bars ARE a great choice! I like the Peanut Butter and Oats flavor, also. Like Angela said, if you have a Sam's or Costco card, the big boxes are pretty cheap! The high fiber content also keeps me fuller longer than other cereal bars but tastes SO much better... I feel like I'm indulging when I eat them because they have such a rich, delicious flavor.

I hope you try these!
  • I eat really grainy or seedy bread that I get at Whole Foods with some fruit spread with no added sugar (like apple butter or fruit juice sweetened jelly). I feel like it's better for me than some packaged, sugary thing and it's really filling and feels like a real meal.

Good luck!
    Amber
  • BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    best combo for quick energy in the morn that will last;
    1/2 cup cottage cheese or hard boiled eggs
    I pair up one of these with 1 pkg Quaker oatmeal, which is great for you, low in calories, and gives substancial amounts of energy!!
    YOU NEED PROTEIN IN THE MORNING!!!
  • Yay! I'm excited aabout breakfast again!
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    I usually eat a packet of instant oatmeal (flavored......don't like the plain!)....it ranges from 150-170 calories. For a change of pace, I have 6 oz vanilla yogurt with fresh (or frozen) berries for a total of about 230-250 calories. When I would REALLY like to have a donut, I have a SlimFast meal replacement bar (the crispy caramel one is my favorite, with the chocolate fudge a close second). The 90 calorie granola bars are a good "on-the-go" choice, but you need to add something else, like yogurt or a hard-boiled egg (which is only 75 calories)

If you like waffles, you can have them......2 Eggo toaster waffles are 180 cals, and a tablespoon of the lower sugar syrup is about 25 calories. Dip the waffles into the syrup rather than pour it on top....you will use less.