stuffed tofurky roast?

Options
i am a rainy day vegetarian...meaning that i typically don't eat meat, but if my dad makes tri-tip, i'll have some. i know...fair weather, but whatever. anyway...i LOVE all the fake meat stuff i've tried (except fake bacon...that isn't good) and we eat a lot of it...fake chicken nuggets...fake sausage...fake hot dogs...fake meatballs...fake corn dogs...i even found some great fake mexican chorizo!!! even my 1 1/2 year old loves all the fakeness!! but back to my topic...i have not yet tried the stuffed tofurky roast and i'd like to. have you tried it? do you like it?

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    My sister is a Vegetarian and on thanks giving she cooked a Tofurky with the mushroom stuffing inside and for a meat eater like myself i was amazed i had a some and it was good.. It wasn't like chewing on a rubber band even her husband who is a meat and potato guy had some and thought it was really good for being tofu... So if you like tofu products i would stay give this one a try it of course doesn't look like a turkey since it's in a ball but i would recommend it for non meat eaters and meat eaters
  • mensane
    mensane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    omg...soooooo good. i am a vegetarian and we have this for thanksgiving. my sister and her family are meat eaters and always want a slice of this. i think the key to making it yummy is the baste.

i use:

olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice.