Who has done the p90x?

Options
My hubby bought the p90x, and it has done wonders for him. But that is usually the case for men!

I am curious who has done it and has it worked? I recently came back after a long a draining summer. So I need to retrain myself in eating and working out.

I have about 30 lbs to lose, and my metabolism is slooooooooooow, so I need help to get it back going.

Any thoughts to the p90x. Love or hate?

Any suggestions on food??

Many thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i looove it... but i haaate it! lol,

actually i just do the ab ripper 3x a wk, and i do love it. great results. if i had time to squeeze more routines in from it i would.
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome. Just use this site to count your calories and follow the workouts. You will see amazing results!!
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I did. Those abs were the result. Doing Body Beast now.
  • kathyhaf1
    Options
    I alternate P90X with running during the week. I do feel that it is a great program and if I actually stick to it, I'm sure the results will be great! Good luck! If you decide to do this, we can be P90X buddies for support!
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I will be starting week 3 tomorrow! I am getting definition. but not bulking up. :)
  • bettcher2004
    bettcher2004 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did the first 3 weeks and was having good results. At 3 weeks I found out that I had separated my shoulder. My goal was to do an unassisted pull-up so I may have pushed it a little. I say go for it but make sure that you listen to your body and don't push too hard.
  • Livn2Learn
    Options
    I have done P90X and would say that if you are starting out with exercise, you may find P90X very challenging. Other programs that I have tried and absolutely love are INSANITY and TurboFire. The TurboFire thus far been my absolute favorite program as I love the upbeat music and the choreography that is involved. Thus far, I have lost 22 lbs. between the program and logging my food. It has been a great experience and I now look forward to my workouts. As a disclaimer, I am a coach for Beachbody, so am I firm believer in the products and my experience/results.