Kinda feeling down

Options
I watch my calorie in take, I exercise, I gain or plateau.
My friend eats crap food and exercises sometimes, she loses weight.

I can't eat the food I want to, I have to go hungry through the day, my muscles tense during exercise, all for nothing.

/rant

EDIT
Small summary for what I am doing if people are curious:
Just basic stuff. Intaking 1400 (it should have been 1500 but that wasn't working). I don't eat fast food or too much junk food (occasional cookie or potato chips, one serving), and I don't drink soda. In fact, other then my one glass of milk I can have, I only drink water. I can't always get low fat foods because my mother and father complain about it (sadly, still living at home). Other then that I eat whatever, as long as it is under 1400.

Exercise, I either walk, dance using DDR (choreography mode makes you dance the same as the people on screen, so it is like dancing), and recently started playing more frisbee. The only exercises I avoid like the plague are running and a lot of weight training (I don't want muscles).

Just a small summary.

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • Nyrehtak
    Options
    I'm totally feeling the same way. I've lost 5 pounds and my husband has lost 20 in the same amount of time. I do everything right, but it seems nothing I do helps.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sucks doesn't it!
  • nunat919
    nunat919 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I understand but eventually it will work. DON'T give up. I lost 25 lbs and now currently losing and gaining the same 5 lbs over and over again while people are dropping weights left and right. It will eventually pay off!
  • cjsgrimlin
    Options
    I feel you, but this is when we have to push it harder. Try adding a protein shake in the morning to help you feel fuller all day. I donno how i've managed it lately but i'm back on track, and BTW don't compare yourself to men, they tend to lose weight faster. Ask my hubby who lost 65 pounds in the 6 months after i had my last child (when i was gaining 40 pounds!!!)
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    Dont give up.

Switch your routine up anytime it slows like this.
    Eat more, eat less (dont go over maintaince calories.)

figure out your TDEE and BMR... that helps,. Just cut back 500 calories for 1lb/week.

I'm not moving in my weight at the moment either, but I try to find non scale victories. And overall ~ exercise and eating right is only doing me good. Better than gaining more weight, or just not exercising and missing the health benefits.

Stay strong girl
  • U2Amie
    U2Amie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I understand, totally. Losing weight is a DAILY battle. And to actually loose weight, (not maintain your current weight), you MUST put in every effort in every hour of the day. It's saying no to the thing you know deep down inside you are supposed to be saying no to. It's using every ounce of energy to workout and burn the weight. It's so hard and for some people the battle is easily fought. I know alot of people who have the crazy ability to loose weight by doing these simple changes-well to them, it's simple because they have the resources, capabilities, and information. For others, you have to seek out this on your own. It's a battle but just remember: this month's diet is next month's body. Fight like a fighter and don't let set backs take the front seat.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    If you want help, I suggest you share in what it is you are eating/doing. Otherwise all I can say is "You're doing it wrong"
  • DreamerZenko
    DreamerZenko Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone so far.
    Try adding a protein shake in the morning to help you feel fuller all day.

I tried doing that but it was just unneeded calories. They also taste like chalk. And I was discouraged from using them since apparently I have a sit down job and only get to move when I am home. So I dunno what to think about protein shakes anymore.
  • NaEl1
    NaEl1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad im having a bad day as well but im going to still give it 100% because i know there's better days to come!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DreamerZenko
    DreamerZenko Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you want help, I suggest you share in what it is you are eating/doing. Otherwise all I can say is "You're doing it wrong"

Just basic stuff. Intaking 1400 (it should have been 1500 but that wasn't working). I don't eat fast food or too much junk food (occasional cookie or potato chips, one serving), and I don't drink soda. In fact, other then my one glass of milk I can have, I only drink water. I can't always get low fat foods because my mother and father complain about it (sadly, still living at home). Other then that I eat whatever, as long as it is under 1400.

Exercise, I either walk, dance using DDR (choreography mode makes you dance the same as the people on screen, so it is like dancing), and recently started playing more frisbee. The only exercises I avoid like the plague are running and a lot of weight training (I don't want muscles).

Just a small summary.
  • jojigirl
    jojigirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I was at a seminar one day and we learned to "change our story". For example, if you always tell yourself that you will never be able to lose the weight, well, you won't ever be able to. You have to change the self talk and start saying things like "It's never been so easy to lose weight" or, "wow, I feel a little lighter in my shoes today". Stuff like that, it's feels silly at first, but I swear that when I changed my story, it got a lot easier.

Hang in there and best of luck!!
  • agirth32
    Options
    Thank you everyone so far.
    Try adding a protein shake in the morning to help you feel fuller all day.

I tried doing that but it was just unneeded calories. They also taste like chalk. And I was discouraged from using them since apparently I have a sit down job and only get to move when I am home. So I dunno what to think about protein shakes anymore.

I just wanted to let you know we all have bad days. Keep your chin up & keep going!! :) If you want to have a protein shake for breakfast in the morning you need to find a protein shake that is actually good for you & not the crap they sell at Wal-Mart. They are full of sugar & filler that makes you acutally gain weight. You might look into Herbalife shakes, that is what I take. It is all plant based protein & makes you feel good. Also, make sure you are getting enough water everyday. You need half your body weight in water & most people don't even get 8 glasses a day. Water is very important in general dieting or not to help flush your body out. Keep up the good work & you will see results! :wink:
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Just basic stuff. Intaking 1400 (it should have been 1500 but that wasn't working).

What do you mean “that wasn’t working”? You should be able to get in 1500 a day unless you have a sever thyroid issue… or if you are like 4.5 foot tall…
    I don't eat fast food or too much junk food

Anything more than zero is too much
    In fact, other then my one glass of milk I can have, I only drink water.

If you are really having an issue cutting weight I would recommend skipping the milk and getting your calcium from other sources (I assume that is why you are drinking it). Dairy acts as a growth promoter and considering you are having trouble losing weight, it needs to go.
    I can't always get low fat foods because my mother and father complain about it (sadly, still living at home).

Why would you want to eat low fat? It takes fat to burn fat. If you are eating fatty things that are also loaded down with salt however, this could also explain difficulty in losing. But you should be eating a good amount of healthy fats daily!
    Other then that I eat whatever, as long as it is under 1400.

“eat whatever” won’t cut it. You need to be planned and ready with what you are going to eat until you are to a point that you have the knowledge to make choices on the fly as to what is healthy for your body and what is not.
    The only exercises I avoid like the plague are running and a lot of weight training (I don't want muscles).

Please tell me you didn’t just say that… those two things are vital. I know plenty of girls that lift, and lift HEAVY, and they aren’t muscular bulky women. They are slim, and extremely attractive I might add. You will need a high caloric input plus lots of intense training over a very long period of time…