Replies

• lfilip33
    lfilip33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yummy! :happy:
  • sioark55
    sioark55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Really good suggestions guys, thank you!

I also found the comments about carb content in the food I used as an example interesting.
    I don't know all there is to know about nutrition (obviously!) :-) I really appreciate the info! I may even end up friend requesting some of you! :-)

Every day is a school day!
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every day.lol one sausage patty, scrambled in one egg, topped with cheddar cheese. Very low car....
  • kimczz
    Options
    i must throw my 987324cents in here.....

JUST saying, that unless you are following a strict no carb at any meal regime-

you should eat the carbs you ARE going to eat for that day -in the morning!!! Because you work them off by the end of the day.
    save your lowest carb meal for Dinner- and stay light at lunch in the middle of the day so you don't get tired.

Ex: I eat pasta middle of day=i am under the desk PASSED OUT.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Ex: I eat pasta middle of day=i am under the desk PASSED OUT.

Slide2.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I love my carbs for breakfast! Yummy potatoes or fruit or oatmeal.

Hmmmmmmmm I guess bacon and eggs?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    One of my fully loaded carb breakfast options that I make is a two egg fritata. I sautee spinach, tomato and onion in a small egg pan on the stove, season it, then I scramble two eggs and pour on top and add some cheese on top, put in oven until egg sets and slide it out on my plate and enjoy! You should try it! Oh, make sure your oven is pre-heating while you sautee your veggies!

Holy crap! That sounds delicious! :love:
  • livaneah
    livaneah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Omelet (no cheese!) with hot sauce... most hot sauces do not have any carbs! Add vegis if you want, they have minimal carbs (my IP coach tells me not to bother counting the carbs in my vegitables and reccomends 4 cupsa day)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    2 ounces cream cheese
    cinnamon/truvia
    blend
    fry like a pancake in coconut oil
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Omelet (no cheese!) with hot sauce... most hot sauces do not have any carbs! Add vegis if you want, they have minimal carbs (my IP coach tells me not to bother counting the carbs in my vegitables and reccomends 4 cupsa day)

why not cheese? cheese is high fat and great for low carb.. and its only about 1 gram a slice.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Does anyone have any carb free breakfast ideas please? I am REALLY bored of raw carrot, banana and egg!!

I really politely ask you not to post if it is only purpose is to express your opinion of how important carbs are!!

Thank so much and I really look forward to your yummy suggestions. :-)

I don't eat breakfast anymore but here's my favorites and I just eat them for lunch now or whenever I want. What is breakfast anyway, the meal that you break your fast right? Mine just happens to be in the middle of the day.

A fried or scrambled egg with tomatoes, 1/4 avocado, green onions, tomatoes or salsa, possibly some shredded cheese if your calorie budge can afford it.

pre home cooked chicken heated up in a pan with chicken broth, (any combination of onions, garlic, peppers celery, or other veggies, even kale or chard). Add some salsa when it's done. Sometimes top it over shredded lettuce, tomato, cucumbers. For some extra richness 1/4 avocado (more if you are a bigger person and have a bigger calorie budget).

Any meat and veggie heated up in a bit of broth like that, spiced, and either avocado or a small bit of shredded cheese is delicious in the morning.
  • buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    8 egg whites, 2 -3 slices of deli ham/turkey, broccoli and a pinch of low fat cheese. I eat this every single day. Low fat, high protien, very minimal carbs.
  • 2boypeas
    Options
    Eggs scrambled with shredded chicken breast, and spinach.
  • hapawar
    hapawar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try the detoxinista dot com website. She has some amazing recipes that are grain free and others that are vegan. Try the grain free almond butter pancakes. They are amazing! I have them with sugar free syrup. Even my boyfriend loves them. This is more of a weekend treat.

During the week I sometimes make up a big batch of scrambled eggs with a tablespoon or two of heavy whipping cream to fluff them up. I soft scramble them a bit so I can divide them into 5 individual containers and bring them for breakfast for the week. I nuke the container for 1.5 minutes at work and add a slice of cheese then cover it so it melts. I also bring the pre-cooked bacon from Oscar Meyer and nuke them on paper towels for 45 seconds. They come out PERFECT!!!!!

A third option that I sometimes make is a crustless quiche. Message me if you want recipes for any of these items.
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    bananas have quite a bit of carbs........

I prefer 2-3 eggs, and a few slices of bacon.

this works for me. sometimes it's pepperoni or salami instead of bacon.

Ditto. This morning was 2 hardboiled eggs and a tablespoon of full fat mayo.
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump