Sopapilla Cheesecake!!!

Options
Ok, this stuff is like SEX on a plate, no kidding, it is that good! I had it at a superbowl party on Sunday and I had to ask for the recipe. Of course It is chock-full of the worst things you can eat but I tweaked the recipe to make it more "waistline friendly" and tried it today and it tasted EXACTLY the same!!!!! SCORE!:love:

"LITE" Sopapilla Cheesecake (or SEX on a plate as I call it) LOL

2 cans reduced fat refridgerated crescent rolls
2 pkgs. fat free cream cheese
1 cup splenda
1 tsp vanilla
butter flavored cooking spray
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar ( do not substitute splenda for this, it must be sugar for it to brown properly)

Using a 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one package of refrigerated crescent rolls and line the bottom of the pan.

Flatten.

Mix together the cream cheese, splenda and extract.

Spread over the crescent rolls.

Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.

spray butter flavored spray over the top and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Yield 12 servings 180 calories.

Replies

• greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Thanks for posting! This sounds great, I love cheesecake :love:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i think i might make this for valentine's day instead of the diet soda cake. yum!
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Yum Yum Yum!!!!! I am so making this this weekend! Thanks for the post and the tweek so we all can try it!
    Hugs!:flowerforyou:
  • Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Omg yummm! I think I'll make it this weekend!
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    bump
  • iamalexa
    Options
    bump
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for sharing!! Consider yourself bumped :)
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    OMG this sounds fantastic, thanks!
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    bump to my topics
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! And easy -- perfect combo!
  • Brooke1229
    Options
    A whole cup of Splenda though? That's kind of a lot!
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Not to burst the bubble nor have I tried one of these so maybe it is totally worth it but I use this calorie count recipe analysis site and if you break this into 24 servings they are still 247 cal with 12.7 g fat. I know this must be much healthier than the previous version but thought I would relay the information I found.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
    This is the site I use to figure out the nutrition information of my homemade recipes.

Sorry~I didn't see where you listed 12 servings at 180 calories but I'm not sure if that can be right...
  • marissa4354
    Options
    bump
  • lose2cruise
    Options
    I had a taste of the real thing at a SB party. The person who made it put cherry pie filling in it. It was yummy! Yours sounds much better though and better calorie wise! Thanks for posting it!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Not to burst the bubble nor have I tried one of these so maybe it is totally worth it but I use this calorie count recipe analysis site and if you break this into 24 servings they are still 247 cal with 12.7 g fat. I know this must be much healthier than the previous version but thought I would relay the information I found.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
    This is the site I use to figure out the nutrition information of my homemade recipes.

Sorry~I didn't see where you listed 12 servings at 180 calories but I'm not sure if that can be right...

I sometimes find that caloriecount.about.com is off. Maybe because when I input recipies I'm not putting in brand names, just the item, for example 1 tbsp olive oil as opposed to 1 tbsp DaVinchi extra virgin olive oil. I've started doing the math myself to figure up calorie counts. It takes about 10 minutes per recipe, but I know my numbers are right.
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to go back and check some of my recipes the old fashioned way I guess. That is awesome if they are only 180 cal. Thanks for the heads up on the counter. :)
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Made this on Saturday and OMG...incredible!!!!!!!! I LOVE cheesecake and this is even better than cheesecake. Two thumbs up!!!

My friend suggested adding fresh fruit (Strawberries) to it as well - can't wait for farmers market season!