Are you Formerly Overweight but now a personal trainer?

Options
Hello all,
This is a repeat question because I am trying to get as much feedback as possible. I plan to become a personal trainer after losing a bit more weight. I got a few good responses a couple of days ago.

Has anyone become a fitness trainer after losing much weight? How have you begun your career? How is your success with your clients? (It would be great to hear about your personal journey):smile:

Replies

• mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

First and foremost, congratulations on a wonderful achievement :)

I'm not QUITE what you're looking for, but I used to be obese and am now a qualified zumba instructor, and am looking to also qualify as a kettlebells instructor.

Personally? I have found that being a Former Fatty has helped me as a teacher. I'm not saying people who have been slim and fit all their life are at a disadvantage in the slightest, but my clients have openly stated that they find my experience comforting and something to aspire to. Basically, if their instructor bouncing around at the front of the room used to be the one wheezing at the back in the baggy t-shirt, then surely it's achievable? It certainly helps to keep it all relatable.
  • geechegal
    geechegal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Dear Mogletdeluxe,
    Your exactly what I wanted to see. I used the term personal trainer but I meant for anyone in the industry to respond. Good for you on your achievement and keep getting clients to inspire.
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Bump!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!