Too much willpower?

Options
This obsession with food is scaring me a bit.
I have +400 calories today, but I haven't had dinner yet.
And I don't want to eat.
I just weighed myself, and I've lost 5 pounds.
I need to find the balance between eating right, and losing weight.

Any words of wisdom?

Replies

• gym_rat
    Options
    If that is you in your profile picture, you are stunning.
    Maybe you should try and talk to a therapist or someone who could help you work through your self image issues because if you feel like you are obsessing and you are scaring yourself, there is something wrong. You may lose a lot of weight quickly, but eating so few calories is extremely unhealthy and you can do some serious damage to your metabolism and overall health. I wish you the best.
  • ashlieh4048
    ashlieh4048 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    anywaaay the point of that story is its not good to stay too far under your calories.
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Emily, I agree with gym_rat. You should talk to someone. You are a very pretty young girl and you should feel that way. Eat a couple of apples and treat yourself with a soda and you will have your calorie intake. Best of luck.

By the way Ashleigh, great story.
  • emilehgrace
    Options
    Thank you all.
    I'm very open about my diet with my mother, because the last thing I want is for this to develope into something serious.

I had a lean pocket for dinner and am treating myself to a hot fudge sundae from McDonalds now.
  • dylanreid
    Options
    Im exactly the same. Barely reach the calories each day
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Nice to see you treated yourself! Sometimes being obsessive and over exercising and under eating only leads to destruction. You start to really do some damage to yourself, then you may go crazy and over eat and gain, which will probably make you feel even worse about the situation. Eating healthy (no more, no less than you need) and exercising is the way to go! If you think it's getting too crazy, definitely talk to someone about it. Maybe see a nutritionist, a proffesional who can help you out with it all! Good luck!