Ran 3 Miles!

Options
GumbyAnne
GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
For the first time in my life I ran 3 miles all at once! It was not even a year ago that I couldn't run a single mile without walking.

It took me just over 37 minutes. At this rate I actually have a chance at making pretty good time at my first 5k in August!

It is great to discover that this body of mine REALLY WORKS!

Replies

• sphinctress
    sphinctress Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
    : )
  • gym_rat
    Options
    Great job!
    I love running and it's a great feeling of accomplishment when you reach your running goals. Keep training hard and I'm sure you'll smash 30minutes for a 5k once August rolls around.
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud. I haven't made it yet only 5 min but you had a goal and now you have won, congrats!
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    For the first time in my life I ran 3 miles all at once! It was not even a year ago that I couldn't run a single mile without walking.

It took me just over 37 minutes. At this rate I actually have a chance at making pretty good time at my first 5k in August!

It is great to discover that this body of mine REALLY WORKS!

August! You're ready for a 5k now! And that is a really good time.

Congratulations!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I found that once I was able to run 3 miles, adding mileage became easier and easier! 3 miles was the "hump" for me and you just hurdled over it! Keep at it and by August you'll ace the 5k and keep running straight into a 10k!!!
  • nayeliob
    Options
    great!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Wow! I envy you! That is great!
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    That is great. I was able to run 2 miles tonight on the treadmill in 24 minutes. My first in a long while. I'm hoping to do some 5K runs this summer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!