trying to be 50 and Fabulous....

Options
Is it possible to get into smoking hot shape at 50?!

Replies

• xxMyWeighxx
    Options
    I strongly believe "it's never too late to become what you want to be". That applies to weight loss in my eyes as well.
  • olso123
    olso123 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I believe getting in shape has no age limit!
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You might have to work a little bit harder than some of us youngsters (though admittedly, not me.. my metabolism is already pretty much zero), but you can do it! My mom lost a BUNCH of weight in her mid-40's.
  • blamse
    blamse Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 this year and feel as good as I ever have in my life. So a definite "yes" to answer your question.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to get into smoking hot shape at 50?!

I did! LOL. Jumping up and down! Yes yes yes. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout
  • fonsecac
    Options
    well..giving it a serious effort to get my girlish figure back again!
  • fonsecac
    Options
    wow...Im a believer....
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It is possible to be fabulous at 50 (i'm 56). Not that I have the tone I did years ago. Age does take a toll. However I am MORE fit and feel great than I was in high school. You have to want it enough to be motivated to accomplish your goals.
  • Wendysnewband
    Options
    I am 52 and I can't wait to get slim and fit to do all the things I have missed out on over the ( fat years ) NO MORE WASTING MY LIFE !
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Of course you can!:smile:
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I certainly hope so! We know reaching the 50 part is very easy! :huh:
    Although it is harder for me to lose now than when I was in my 20's and 30's, I am enjoying getting into shape much more now than I ever did when I was younger.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am living proof. A year ago I was 222 lbs. Today I am actually buff. I mean, abs and great legs and everything. I will be 50 in Feb and I have never been healthier or better lookin' in my life.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 but a lot of people think I'm younger. Now back to same weight I was when I graduated high school, down from 38" waist to a 25.5" waist after 3 kids and over a decade of obesity. Just 5 years ago I never dreamed I'd be where I am now. Your body can make amazing changes if you change how you take care of yourself!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    YES! I turn 50 on Saturday. I'm proud and pleased with the progress I've made. Have a look at my pics.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm 49, and my 50th birthday is in April. I'm hoping to have made some really good progress toward my weight loss goal by then! I didn't want to turn 50 and be fat and miserable! By the time my birthday rolls around, I will have been on my "lifestyle change" for 8 months. Here's to all us turning 50 or 50+!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    It is possible to be fabulous at 50 (i'm 56). Not that I have the tone I did years ago. Age does take a toll. However I am MORE fit and feel great than I was in high school. You have to want it enough to be motivated to accomplish your goals.

This ^^^^^
    You are truly an inspiration to so many of us. I am honored to be a MFP Friend of yours. Thank You for sharing your Weight loss journey with MFP. I never would guess your age is 56 you look much younger. Awesome is the only words I can say to describe all you have accomplished.
  • jaharrison763
    jaharrison763 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm counting on it!
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and I feel better than I have in YEARS! I can honestly say I have turned a head or two :wink:
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,844 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 (soon to be 57) and am stronger and fitter than ever. :smokin: Oh YES! 50 and fabulous is definitely possible!!
  • Redi2luz
    Options
    I sure hope so!!!! I will turn 50 in May. I just joined MFP last night. I sure hope to find support and inspiration through MFP.
    I wish all of you success and may we all be on our way to a new better life.