Probably A Dumb Question, But...

Options
I was browsing Jillian Michaels and WW yesterday.Do these paid sites give out more information or different info than what we
get being here? Is a paid site necessary? I'm relatively new here and I'm not sure... Thanks!

Replies

• Kikilicious84
    Options
    No. You can google all of that info. lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Jillian - but WW is very similar to here - except you pay and the people on the message boards are b*tchier. Also I wasn't losing ANYTHING on WW but I am on here - so no need to pay!
  • jeapp1
    Options
    I think you get more here and it's free! I like that it recalcuates your caloric needs when you enter your daily exercise. It's just a more user-friendly site. And yes, people seem nicer here! LOL
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Th anks everybody! I just did a Bing search for reviews on online diet plans. I didn't see Jillian, but WW scored very well.
    E-Diets was the highest reviewed paid plan, and most paid plans got criticized for their high costs. Of the free plans, we at MFP
    got completely high reviews. I still want to check out Chasing Freedom to see what they have to say about MFP, but overall, I
    think I'm in the best place for me!
  • Jongfaith
    Options
    I don't know about Jillian - but WW is very similar to here - except you pay and the people on the message boards are b*tchier. Also I wasn't losing ANYTHING on WW but I am on here - so no need to pay!
    I thought I was the only one who experienced that with WW.. lost nada! counting points blah blah never worked for me while a couple coworkers were dropping weight like crazy! shrug I guess some people lose it different ways
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I belong to WW and yes they are *****es over there on the forum. Not all but there are some. The forum is free over on WW but to use the tracker and app you have to pay. I've lost more on WW than just doing MFP alone. I come here because I like to see the calorie count of what I'm eating besides just knowing the WW points number.

On WW a women actually got nasty with me because I dared to discuss losing weight and my exercise routine. OMG NO SHE DIDN"T!! She talked about weight loss on a weight loss sight? Wow!!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I just checked and there is no mention of MFP on Chasing Freedom. I think that's unfortunate...:mad: Thanks for all your feedback.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Th anks everybody! I just did a Bing search for reviews on online diet plans. I didn't see Jillian, but WW scored very well.
    E-Diets was the highest reviewed paid plan, and most paid plans got criticized for their high costs. Of the free plans, we at MFP
    got completely high reviews. I still want to check out Chasing Freedom to see what they have to say about MFP, but overall, I
    think I'm in the best place for me!

UGH I did e-diets for a while. I DO NOT recommend it at all! And good luck cancelling - you have to call and talk to their sales people if you want to quit.
  • popzork
    popzork Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think the biggest difference between the paid sites and this is that they are more structured as far as what to eat. I know WW has your recommended check offs - 5 veg, 3 fruit, 2 dairy, etc... whereas this is just calories in - calories out. It depends on what your personal style is as to whether you need some "plan" with food lists, or more free form.

I did WW for many years. I hit a wall and got no real help from either the forums or the meetings. So I came here simply because i already knew how to eat and it was a waste of money with no real support.

The people here are much nicer, too.

What I did get from here was direction to figure out why I hit the wall. Now, that is solved, the weight is coming off again.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who experienced that with WW.. lost nada! counting points blah blah never worked for me while a couple coworkers were dropping weight like crazy! shrug I guess some people lose it different ways

WW sucks imo and I have LOTS of experience from which to base my opinion. I was still using WW online for logging until I found MFP. Tracking macros is superior to "points" wth. Glad to not be wasting $22 per month any more.
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    WW was fun to try and in the end, I'm glad I did it (lost 14lbs). However, I didn't take advantage of their site nor did I sign up for face-to-face meetings. I think if you're a person who likes paying for stuff, it's a good program for you. If you're content with freeeeee, go MFP. No difference for me though...I just like MFP and their app better.