Lifting..

Options
I'm back on my exercise regimen (I took a little hiatus for about 4 months..big mistake. I haven't gained any of the weight back, but my muscles have deteriorated and body percent fat has gone up)

Back when I lost my first 15 pounds I would spend 4-5 times a week doing 30 minutes of cardio and I would do lifting only to my arms. I want that to change. I plan to lift 4-5 times a week, but with different muscle groups each day. Yesterday I did arms (chest press, seated row, tricep pull downs, etc.) and today I plan on doing legs & core.

Should I switch off and do arms again tomorrow, and then legs again the next day? I'm just trying to figure out what regimen for lifting will be most optimal.

Thanks.

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Look at the link below. A) Pay attention to the article about training frequency. B)Do a prewritten routine that fits your goals and training level.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686963-large-collection-of-info-for-beginners

Almost forgot

INB4NROL4W
  • strive2behealthy
    strive2behealthy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you. I think I'll actually try that. I'll do some more arms today & legs, then might stick with just legs/core tomorrow.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You should read New Rules of Lifting for Women....
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    You should read New Rules of Lifting for Women....

and then read it a second time. (for the extra calorie burn)
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did arms (chest press, seated row, tricep pull downs, etc.) and today I plan on doing legs & core.

Chest press: primary muscle group = pecs, secondary muscle group = triceps
    Seated row: primary muscle group = upper back, secondary muscle group = biceps

Just saying...