I went running last night - up by 0.8 lbs this morning?

Options
Hi all,

I went running last night and my food was kept at 1245 (before going for a run). I am pretty sure I burned 200 cals, but this morning I was up by 0.8 lbs.

I know this could be water gain, but wanted to know if it is normal to gain some water weight after a session of working out?

I am planning to do some yoga today to balance this out, if you have further advice please let me know...

Replies

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    That's LESS than one pound. My bodyweight fluctuates by 5 or more pounds over the course of a single day. You could very likely be holding on to some water because of the run or for any number of reasons.

Don't worry about small variations in weight over short periods of time. Look for longer term trends.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's common to retain water for muscle repair. This will be especially noticeable if you're new to running! I don't see a gain most of the time now, but for the first few months running I learned not to run the night before my official weigh in :-)
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    running one time dont really make a difference
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Your muscles are retaining water to repair themselves, even if you don't feel sore.
  • andrewlazenby
    Options
    I rode my bike 204 miles this weekend.... I am up 3 pounds. :noway:

Muscles hold onto water to aid in healing. I always give it three days or so after a hard effort to judge