No time for a gym

Options
2»

Replies

• fenrirGrey
    fenrirGrey Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Even a 20 min walk/jog/run should get you started.
  • ladynblu87
    ladynblu87 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i went on ebay and I got my weights. Supreme 90 day is $20 or lower you can use the weights and it is a good program!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. My wife and I walk almost 3 miles a day right now. I am just worried my body will get acclimated to that and the weight will stop coming off. I will definitely use the ideas I got here. It is so great to have so many supportive and helpful people to turn to.

Weight loss comes from diet, being in a moderate calorie deficit, not exercise. Exercise helps to 1)Keep you strong and healthy 2) Increase your metabolism 3) Body recomposition ie. getting rid of the fat while keeping the muscle so you do just look skinny, but you look fit.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    kettlebells or resistance bands

http://www.bodylastics.com/liveworkouts/
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    YouTube has some great videos, and this site has great ones too: http://www.fitnessblender.com/. It has tons of types of at-home workouts, depending on what your focus is (cardio or strength...upper or lower body, etc.) It requires an account but it's free.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Dumbbells. Most versatile piece of gym equipment you can use. There are literally hundreds of moves you can do, and not just with your arms. Legwork can be done too, core work, everything.

This

Totally agree! I wrecked my foot earlier this year to where I was on crutches for 2 months (talk about a killer arm workout! lol!) but I couldn't go to the gym as I couldn't drive (Hubz had to drive me everywhere since we both have manual shifts) and all I had at home was a mat, 3, 5, 8 & 10lbs dumbbells. I know a lot of moves already but you can also find SOOOO many on youtube or other web sites. I couldn't stand, so everything I did was either sitting or laying down & I actually lost 6 lbs during this time - without being able to do any cardio (well, I didn't count our weekly 3 hour shopping trips to Walmart, BJ's, Lowes, etc while I was running around on crutches but I should have - I'd come home & need to shower & change from sweating, I was a PRO on those things :wink: )
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Dumbbells, kettle bell, running shoes, yoga mat, computer. Pretty much all you need. You can find great work outs on YouTube, almost anything you would do at the gym you can do at home with dumbbells. You can also find great palates work outs, my kids (ages 5&6) love doing these with me when I can't get to the gym, so maybe get the family involved and make it a fun thing? We usually hook the laptop up to the TV then go to a few of my favorite YouTube channels.
  • MGee65
    MGee65 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What are Jumping Jacks?