Weird things nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold now..well, I guess that could be considered common sense, but I never really thought too much about it before.

The same for me. I know ive only lost a little over 40 but i get cold a lot more. Good thing i have a floor heater at desk at work. I also make sure i have a jacket or use my blanket after the boss leaves. Lol
  • HMToomey
    Options
    I can see the ligaments move in my forearm when I type. It's so strange to see I was completely amazed like an infant discovering her feet and hands! :laugh:
  • jenjen0214
    Options
    When I lost nearly 75 pounds, I flung my hand one day and my wedding rings flew across the room. I have had to size down in all my clothing, including shoes. I wear so many things differently and I look at so many other things differently. New obstacles and lots of fun getting there. Now at a total loss so far or nearly 120 pounds, I recently found that I have a tailbone. Yes, it was probably always there, but I would not have know it (outside of childbirth) was there. I continue to find weird bones that were hidden before and am curious at what weird things I will find next.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    I actually was able to wrestle and ALMOST win against my husband...who is a Marine. He said " wth why are you so strong?" NSV
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    My pants got longer. I was thinking I was shrinking but in fact my hips are getting slimmer.
  • haley98110
    haley98110 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found out I had an extra bone in my foot. I had been overweight so long that when I started losing, I lost from ankles, feet, and face first. I have a weird protrusion on my feet that turned out to be an extra bone according to my dr. Never knew.

I just found out I have am extra bone in my foot too lol. So weird. I used to be on track in school and hated running, my feet always hurt more than what seems to be normal. Maybe that's why. I've also sprained both my ankles more than I can count on both hands. Stupid extra bones lol
  • LishaCole
    Options
    Feeling my hip bones is a relatively new sensation. It freaks me out about 2 times a week when I wake up. As I peacefully wake up, I do a little stretch and run my hands down my hips.... then I am like "WHAT IS THAT!?!?!"

Oh wait...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_b9x1pedYlDUzUNRnL9HJ1myaqEZGWa7T9T9RvLtaBxbqZgT5
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    The little wrinkles around my eyes disappeared since my face slimmed down! On the downside though, everyone thinks I'm student instead of the librarian (I work at a university). I'm also one of those who went down a shoe size, so all of my shoes are too loose. But I have tender feet anyway, so I don't mind that too much.

I also didn't anticipate all the psychological effects. My head still says I should be a size 20, but my waist says a 12. I can't get used to it, and I'm actually terrified of buying new clothes because I'm afraid I'll gain all the weight back over night.

ME TOO!

The weird thing that *happened* to me, was when I caught a look at myself in the mirror and recognized myself for the first time in years...never did care for that pumpkin face I was carrying around...I did try on a ring I have it doesn't quite fit, but it's durn close.
  • jdorsey730
    jdorsey730 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wear a waist strap thing (not sure exactly what it's called) when I work out, and it's hard to get the velcro to attach all around because my waist is getting smaller. So it's basically attached by a few inches (not making it as tight as I want it to be). Also, this may be a little TMI, but I'm beginning to see my lady friend :)
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Haha! I love it!
  • cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever told me how much time I'd waste just looking at myself in the mirror... flexing! LMAO - it's kinda sad how fascinated I am by my own muscles!

I do this too! While I haven't lost a TON, I do a LOT of weight training and was amazed the day I saw definition not only in my bicep but between my pecs and shoulder. I was SOOOO excited. I still look every time I pass by the mirror at home.
  • zclark13
    zclark13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I can see to shave...certain places!
    Love my hip bones!
    Sore hips from sleeping
    Someone asked me if I had gotten taller...I didn't think you could grow after age 50!
    I noticed about my shoes today!!!
    I can paint my own toenails!
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had this strange sort of flat lumpy thing on my chest...checked the other side..same thing..turns out I have PECS!

I also noticed a muscle on my lower leg...front of the shin...big long name..I had to google..never knew it existed before!

And today I could feel my abs contracting during my workouts.

Oh and first time I saw my ribs was jarring...lol

Fun thread!
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    When I put my hands on my hips they don't stay there very easily- they slide off ;)

I have WRINKLES in my forehead-- I hate this one, but I'll live with it. I guess my fat was acting as natural collagen.

I just "feel" different- my hand will touch an area and I just know it's different.

My feet have gotten a lot thinner- luckily no shoe size difference yet.

REALLY bloated during my period.

Can't wait to discover all the other changes. My goal is 100 pounds total!

953203.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    The little wrinkles around my eyes disappeared since my face slimmed down! On the downside though, everyone thinks I'm student instead of the librarian (I work at a university). I'm also one of those who went down a shoe size, so all of my shoes are too loose. But I have tender feet anyway, so I don't mind that too much.

I also didn't anticipate all the psychological effects. My head still says I should be a size 20, but my waist says a 12. I can't get used to it, and I'm actually terrified of buying new clothes because I'm afraid I'll gain all the weight back over night.

ME TOO!

The weird thing that *happened* to me, was when I caught a look at myself in the mirror and recognized myself for the first time in years...never did care for that pumpkin face I was carrying around...I did try on a ring I have it doesn't quite fit, but it's durn close.

Ditto both of you! Holy hell, some days I swear I feel like a 20 still! And some days I feel super fit! It's weird.
  • Rinkermann
    Rinkermann Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    since being on this diet i have:

a) become more hairy
    b) become more, uh, interested in the ladies shall we say (and i never considered myself to have a problem in this department)
    c) seen my ribs fully for the first time
    d) seen a clear outline of my abs (more to come on the abs i think)
    e) i can actually make out my groin muscle
    f) i dont get aching feet anymore
  • dosmundos
    Options
    bump for later
  • FYA2012
    Options
    WHEN MY RINGS WOULDNT FIT ANYMORE I WENT TO "THINGS REMEMBERED AND THEY HAVE A CHAIN THAT WAS 20"+ AND I STARTED WEARING HEM THAT WAY SO I WOULDNT LOSE THEM.
    HOPE THAT HELPS. O AND I GOT 2 CHAINS FOR $20 I HOPE IT WAS A SLIP UP ON HER PART LOL
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Didnt read everything..but im cold. Always cold. I lost the little bit of insulation I had!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    no one told me i would have the loose skin under my stomach.