I've lost motivation

Honey7o2
Honey7o2 Posts: 31
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I don't know how to get it back. I was doing so so well for about a month. Then after working out one night I was so sore and out of commission for about 4/5 days. I didn't feel like doing anything at all and even let myself have a few cheat items.:ohwell:
I'm not as excited as I was a week ago. I want to be. I really really do. I just can't get there mentally. What happened? :brokenheart:

Replies

• Wow that sounds just like me!
    But you know for me tomorrow is a new day a new start, and it is for you too!
    So come with me and together we can start over.

Think back to the first day you exercised and how good you felt after, tomorrow is your new first day!:wink:

Lets not let this year pass us by again:explode:

We can and will do this!:smile:
  • It happens to all of us. I get sad when I work my butt off but the scale stays the same. You just have to remember how far you've come and how hard you've worked. Set a short term goal, and stick to it. Smaller goals are easier to attain. You have to remember that you are worth the effort. Good luck.
  • samseed101
    samseed101 Posts: 97 Member
    Possible CNS overload? Overtraining is real and does occur more than people realize. How hard were you working out? Sometimes people like to start by working out 7 days a week for a few hours each day. They follow that up with insane cardio and very few calories thinking that the more they workout and the less they eat, the faster they lose weight. But that's not the case. The body can't handle that. Rest is EXTREMELY important.

Is it possible you fall into that category?
  • wow, sounds exactly like me. After 30 days, I have fallen from grace! I need help too~
  • Possible CNS overload? Overtraining is real and does occur more than people realize. How hard were you working out? Sometimes people like to start by working out 7 days a week for a few hours each day. They follow that up with insane cardio and very few calories thinking that the more they workout and the less they eat, the faster they lose weight. But that's not the case. The body can't handle that. Rest is EXTREMELY important.

Is it possible you fall into that category?

No. It was actually the first time I worked out in months and months. I probably pushed myself too hard during.
    I'm almost always under on my calorie intake (1200). I just don't want to go over and I eat enough during the day to not be hungry, I just choose foods with less calories. I don't want to eat junk just to meet the calorie "goal".
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    This is just your first hurdle of many. I have a lot of days since I started that I begin my workout and really feel like quitting. Or like yesterday I had so much to do I was actually trying to convince myself that I just didn't have 50 minutes to exercise. I ignored myself and decided that in fact I could slip in a workout while dinner was in the oven. I got a boost of energy and even afterward took the kids on a walk and to the playground.

I would never suggest working out if have pulled muscles or anything, but don't allow yourself to feel bad that you haven't worked out when you in fact have time to do so. Small goals, daily goals is how you will get over that hurdle, and afterward you will feel wonderful that you did.
This discussion has been closed.