NSV's are Nice, But...

Options
I love reading about everyone's NSV's (non-scale victory to you newbies out there.) I celebrate one every time I bend over to tie my shoe. I can't even begin to tell you how great it is to shop for clothes somewhere other than a Big/Tall shop. But every once in a while, you need a victory on the scale. Today, my wife had just such a day, and I wanted to tell you about it.

Today, my wife celebrated losing her first 100 lbs! She has been working at it since last September, and today she finally reached that major milestone. I am so proud of her I could bust! She is at the gym every day, without fail, seven days a week. Since she began her quest, she has not cheated the first time. She views it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet. She is extremely strict on herself, and it's paying off. She doesn't even look like the same person as she did a year ago.

There was an NSV involved, too. On our last wedding anniversary, I bought her a string of pearls. Unfortunately, they were too small for her, and I had to return them. I felt terrible - like a real heel. Today, however, I was able to go back and buy the same string of pearls, and present it to her (along with flowers and balloons) at the fitness center where she was working out. Lucky for me, it fit this time!

At any rate, I'm real proud of her, and wanted to take a moment to congratulate her. Great job, Honey. Keep up the good work!

Replies

• clicker_70
    Options
    Awwww! How wonderful!
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. Congratulations to her on her weight loss and dedication and how lucky is she to have a guy like you!
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    WOW :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

total loooove
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's a wonderful story!

My wife has also lost 100+ pounds, and I'm very proud of her too (she is here on this site too.)

Nothing tastes as good as success feels!!!

-David
  • Xstitcher74
    Xstitcher74 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So sweet! :flowerforyou:
  • cblevitron
    Options
    :') awesome! so sweet! and a sweet victory for her!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Well done to your lady & well done to you for being so sweet :wink:
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wonderful for both of you
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! You both must be proud! How special that this is something that you can do together - getting healthier so you will have many more years together!! Cheers :drinker:
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    How sweet & romantic.
    Your wife is right, it is a lifestyle change.
    You are luck to have each other. Congratulations to you both!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Aw - this just made me a big ball of mush inside. You're a great husby! AND CONGRATS TO YOUR WIFE FOR HER FIRST MILESTONE! :D Super excited for her!
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are too sweet and your wife is a lucky woman! SO happy to see couples encouraging each other. Congrats to both of you!!!
  • m0pp3t
    m0pp3t Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awee, you are so sweet, and SHE IS AWESOME ROCKIN!

I can't wait until I am your wife. Wait, that came our wrong. I can't wait until my first 100 lbs (I have 2 of that particular milestone to hit! Thank you for sharing the testament that it is all HARD WORK and a lifestyle change...no tricks, no treats.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post, thanks for sharing~!
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! It's fantastic that you and your wife are on this journey together, and your gift was very sweet! :love:
  • Unchained_by_Grace
    Options
    That is an awesome achievement and she is very fortunate to have such a loving, caring and supportive husband as you!
    Congratulations to you both!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic accomplishment!! Hooray for your wife's dedication to her health and wellness. She's lucky to have such a supportive and encouraging husband.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I have tears in my eyes!! Congratulations to you and your wife.
  • fuelingit
    Options
    this is the sweetest thing ive ever read! gosh, sign me up for a hubby like this in the future! lol congrats to you both!! amazing jobs on both ends!! love hearing about couples losing weight
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Aww, absolutely beautiful!!! :flowerforyou: