I GAINED 5 lbs!

Options
And that is NOT why I am on MFP. I need to take control of my life and I need help. ANYONE please help me. Add me as a friend, send me recipes, general words of encouragement, teach me new exercise routines so I don't get bored, whatever you can.

I am doing a 60 day challenge starting tomorrow to kickstart my NEW AND PERMANENT healthy lifestyle and I need all the help I can get. Thanks so much.

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    what is your height, weight, age, sex?
    do you exercise? what do you do and for how long?
    how much do you eat? what do you eat?

we need more info and we can help:)
  • avocat01
    avocat01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    what is your height, weight, age, sex?
    do you exercise? what do you do and for how long?
    how much do you eat? what do you eat?

we need more info and we can help:)

I'm 5'5, female, and 157 lbs. My BMI is 26 which I understand is overweight. My goal weight is 130 which is considered the mid-healthy weight for my height.

I am really good about exercising. But when I stop, I stop for weeks at a time. I'm also terrible at running outside. I can barely last 5 mins but I can go for 2 hours on the elliptical at the gym. I want to get better at running outdoors and eventually run a 5k, then a 10k then a half marathon then a marathon. Those are my non-scale goals.

I EAT A LOT. But I'm learning to make healthier choices. But I crave sugar a lot :( When I'm being good and trying to stay at 1200 calories, I usually eat cereal or oatmeal for breakfast with an apple, a tuna or chicken sandwich made with wheat bread, and a hot meal made with turkey for dinner. But that gets boring which is why I'm looking for new recipes.

I basically just want my outsides to match my insides.
  • AussieLaurelle
    AussieLaurelle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    For the running part, download the C25K (Couch to 5k) App or google it to learn how to run
  • blhpl
    blhpl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My tip is to try to limit refined carbs(sugars and grains), if you eat to many at once it messes with your blood sugars and increases your appetite. Try eating as many fruits and veggies as possible, also the only fluid you should drink is water, also try to limit your animal product intake. Finally probably the most important part is 3 to 4 equal size meals. Also some great movies to watch which got me started on this is fat sick and nearly dead and forks over knifes.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, female, and 157 lbs. My BMI is 26 which I understand is overweight. My goal weight is 130 which is considered the mid-healthy weight for my height.

I am really good about exercising. But when I stop, I stop for weeks at a time. I'm also terrible at running outside. I can barely last 5 mins but I can go for 2 hours on the elliptical at the gym. I want to get better at running outdoors and eventually run a 5k, then a 10k then a half marathon then a marathon. Those are my non-scale goals.

I EAT A LOT. But I'm learning to make healthier choices. But I crave sugar a lot :( When I'm being good and trying to stay at 1200 calories, I usually eat cereal or oatmeal for breakfast with an apple, a tuna or chicken sandwich made with wheat bread, and a hot meal made with turkey for dinner. But that gets boring which is why I'm looking for new recipes.

I basically just want my outsides to match my insides.

try this calculator for a calorie estimate http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced dont eat back cals, because this will already account for what you burn in your workouts.

also, the couch to 5k program is good. i can only run for 2min. i am 17% body fat. running is not my strong suit. but you know what? long distance isnt what helped me change my body.... lifting very HEAVY and doing 2-3x week of HIIT cardio is what helped the most. your body will adapt to a certain workout so you have to change it up.

1200 calories is too low if you are exercising. your body is holding on to those calories and storing them. you need to eat to fuel your body. do the calculator i posted and eat MAX 500 less than your TDEE....i am for 1700 calories per day and i do crossfit so my workouts only last 5-20min most times.

google healthy recipes. there is ALWAYS an alternative to your fave dish. i make healthy pizza, healthy spagheti, healthy ice cream ect. OR just tell yourself you will eat clean for a week so ONCE a week you can have whatever you want for a cheat meal. treat and reward yourself!!

it IS a process, just try to enjoy it and dont overdo it ;)