Options
how do you get the space between your thighs?! im so tired of the shaeffing :(

Replies

• jawhwilson
    Options
    I looked this up last night. Here are a few things I found:
    Stationary biking 20-30 minutes
    Walking
    Lung and squat exercizes, but be careful not to do them to frequently or too long or you wil end up making them thicker.

I am sure there are more but those are the ones that stuck out to me, I just googled it.
    :)
  • FightingFit
    Options
    squats. lots of them. and lots of agility aerobic work!!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I looked this up last night. Here are a few things I found:
    Stationary biking 20-30 minutes
    Walking
    Lung and squat exercizes, but be careful not to do them to frequently or too long or you wil end up making them thicker.

I am sure there are more but those are the ones that stuck out to me, I just googled it.
    :)

You will not bulk up doing squats & lunges....everything will lean right out!! :)

There are different variations of squats to do to target different parts of your thighs...alternate between normal & sumo squats. (legs wide stance, toes pointed outward)
    For lunges, try doing "around the clock" lunges.....in which your back leg stays stationary & your front leg does each number on the clock...do those 3X for each leg....
    also jumping lunges and squats are extremely effective, don't do these if you are just starting...work your way up.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I do standing pilates and yoga and have seen a big difference. For the first time ever my legs don't rub together. I also walk and do areobics. I also do squats and lunges so it may be a combo of everything. I worked out in shorts for the first time yesterday!!
  • Alexandra888
    Options
    Lunges and squats.... a lot of them!! Best toning exercises for that trouble zone.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Lunges and squats.... a lot of them!! Best toning exercises for that trouble zone.

Ditto!!! It also not only helps how your legs look, but there are huge benefits to strengthening this area if you are active at all. From riding a bike, skiing, hiking and so on.
  • losemomo
    losemomo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    has anyone witnessed good results from squats?
  • parvati
    Options
    has anyone witnessed good results from squats?

YES!!!! Squats and lunges will have your quads and glutes looking amazing in no time!!!
    There are many variations of squats and lunges, find a book, or google it and do tons of them....you will notice a visual difference within a week or two!!
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Squats are one of the best if not the best overall exercise you can do for your body....
  • parvati
    Options
    Deadlifts are another great butt & thigh toner....

deadlifts, squats and lunges are my three favorite excercises & the ones i find the most effective.
  • T_R_A_V
    Options

deadlifts, squats and lunges are my three favorite excercises & the ones i find the most effective.

Agreed...deadlifts will get that booty and those hammy's on fire when u do them
  • ractayjon
    Options
    squats and lunges over and over -- and the best part about squats and lunges is that you dont need anything to do them -- do some in the morning when you get up...during the day when you can and before bed....
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio!!!!!!!!!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options

What are deadlifts???
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio!!!!!!!!!

I agree. If you don't get rid of the fat around the muscels then you can do squat lunges all day and it won't make much difference. I used to store a lot of fat around my hamstrings. With decreasing my % body fat significantly I don't have to worry about shaeffing.

Good Luck.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    To target the thighs do squats with your feet together. I just learned this so wooot! to knowledge sharing :)
  • mlove1307
    Options
    I know this is gross.. but in the mean time, if you just want to stop the chaff while you lose the weight and tone up to get the thigh gap, you can use regular stick deodorant to prevent rubbing.

Haha... uh yeah! It works.. :]
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Cardio to burn fat and squats to tone it up!