THAT is not how a fat-girl thinks!

Options
i'm going to snack away my dinner calories! here's a weird twist, i actually thought, "i can workout and earn more calories". THAT is not how a fat-girl thinks! WOOP! :glasses:

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    i'm going to snack away my dinner calories! here's a weird twist, i actually thought, "i can workout and earn more calories". THAT is not how a fat-girl thinks! WOOP! :glasses:

Getting to "up" my numbers so that I can eat more is DEFINITELY why I started exercising! :wink: :laugh:
  • freeflower3
    freeflower3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Right on!

Since I started, I am kind doing the same thing. Like for dinner I had crunchy chow mein noodles out of the can, apple and peanut butter.

I am just easing my way of snacking so much by throwing my snack food in for dinner. As I wean myself off so much junk, I will I add more fruits and veg. For example, I never eat apples, so for me to add apple in dinner tonight is a good start. The old me would have eaten 1/2 can noodles, skipped the apple, and ate a ton of other stuff too. Bye Bye FAT girl!!
  • vhoule
    vhoule Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i would love to know how everyone lost the weight. Did you only eat certain things? Did you stick to 1200 calories? How did you do that? I do not feel like i eat much, but i do go over my calories. I only exercise 3 to 4 days a week because of my husbands job, Firefighter.
    I would love to hear how everyone has done it:) Need some insperation.
  • monica1515
    Options
    Hi Vhoule!

The first trick is to never say never! If you deprive yourself, you are dieting and not making a lifestyle change. Diets are temporary.

I eat 2,000-2400 calories a day. Everyone's caloric needs are different. I'm 25, 5'11, and playing sports year around. Gender, age, weight, fitness level all effect caloric needs.

Where do you find yourself going over your calories the most?

Exercising 3-4 times a week is great!!! Thats so much more than many are able to do. Be positive!! You're here. You're on the right track :)
  • vhoule
    vhoule Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice. I find myself going over more at dinner. My LTG is to lose 60 pounds, but becoming a bit discouraged. I am 5'9" and weigh 228.
    This is why I am here looking for support.
    Thanks again,
    Virginia
  • ACarp24
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice. I find myself going over more at dinner. My LTG is to lose 60 pounds, but becoming a bit discouraged. I am 5'9" and weigh 228.
    Thanks again,
    Virginia
    I would be interested to see your food diary. I eat 1200-1600 calories a day depending on if I work out or not, and I am steadily losing. I would pre log foods if I were you, sit down at night and figure out what you want for at least lunch and breakfast, that way you know how much you have left for dinner and you can plan accordingly. If you find that after just those 2 meals you are near your daily allowance for everything then I might consider some better food choices. I could make suggestions if you like. I hope you will stay with this, it will come off if you want it bad enough!
  • sscurran
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I find I am less likely to slip if I plan ahead. I learn a lot about how many grams, of carb, protein, fat, etc if I enter before I eat that meal. I try to eat most of my carbs in a.m. (and adjust to eat some slow burning, complex carb just before a workout), so I enter breakfast and can better plan lunch and dinner. After a while it becomes routine and you can make even better choices when grocery shopping.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Thanks again,
    Virginia

Virginia,
    I was too far off from where you are when I started. The first thing I did was start paying attention to portion size. There is never a meal at our house anymore where measuring cups and our food scale are not used! I started making sure that we had lots of veggies with every meal (a salad to start, and then the veggie besides). After I got those pretty well in hand, I started focusing on my sodium intake. Easiest way to lower that is to eat less processed/prepackaged food, and more fresh food. (I'm now making a lot of things I used to just buy in the cans or in the freezer.) I do exercise, unfortunately it's been infrequently for the last couple weeks. If you have any other questions, send me a message! Don't get discouraged! It took time to put the weight on, it'll take time to take it back off!
    Lisa
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!