Old Member, New Account

Options
Hi! I was a member before, but deleted my account after a few months because I felt like I was getting too obsessive about calories and exercising and I wasn't happy with how I was feeling mentally about my weight. I also was diagnosed with a stomach problem that caused me to gain 18 pounds. Weight watchers has helped me lose 11 of it, but I need to lose the last 7, and hopefully 5 more after that. I want to focus now on mostly losing fat, not just weight. But I also don't want to become obsessive about calorie counting again. My current stats are:

Height: 5' 4 1/2"
Weight: 129 pounds
Old weight (goal): 122 pounds
Final goal: 118 pounds
Waist: 25.5 inches
Hips: 33 inches
Chest: 35 inches
Thighs: each 22 inches
Arms: each 11.5 inches

This sounds pretty healthy, and it is, but Im still flabby at some places of my body.
I basically just want to lose fat and those last few pounds. I lost the 11 pounds by doing weight watchers and combining cardio and lifting. My current living situation limits the ability to do lifting so I think Im going back to 30 day shred, which I used to occasionally do.

Im sorry that was alot to read, so I appreciate it if you did and could offer me some advice. I want to lose weight and tone up my body and lose fat without it consuming my life again. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Replies

• OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    30DS is a great workout and produces amazing results. :) I know how you feel about the obsessiveness!
  • hillary2424
    Options
    30DS is a great workout and produces amazing results. :) I know how you feel about the obsessiveness!

Good to know! I did it on and off for a week or two, but I was spending more time in the gym so I kinda stopped. My college gym is terrible now though, so I think I have to rely on the shred from now on since I am more limited at the gym.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Your stats look similar to mine - suggest heavy weight training to tone up - you will see results in no time because you have a good base already. Good luck!
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    Advice? Hmmm... I would say get back into the Shred most def, and keep up with your calories here. Don't stress too much about eating back any of your exercise calories. As long as you don't overeat constantly (like up or over 2000 each day), drink at LEAST 8 glasses of water each day, and get your daily recommended HR's on WW, then you should lose in no time! Make sure you vary your calorie intake, and also vary your calorie burns each day. Get a heart rate monitor if you don't have one, and keep your heart rate within your Target HR zone when working out. (You can google Target Heart Rate charts to find out what your zone should be). The Target zone is where you will burn the most fat. Anything over that burns energy, and I don't suggest it. Good luck, and I hope that this helps!! :)
  • ivan1964
    Options
    Hello and welcome here. You can do anything you put your mind too. I hope you have a great day.
  • hillary2424
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Im ready to start logging again to lose those last ten pounds! Im hoping to be at 118 by December 1st!