100 Pushup Challenge?

Options
Has anyone here ever successfully complete this program? I was screwing around on the internet tonight and stumbled upon the one hundred pushups challenge @ http://hundredpushups.com/index.html . It looked like an interesting program, so I decided to give the initial test a try...Epic fail. Barely made it into level 3,maxing out at 20 good-form pushups. I plan on starting my first official day of the program tomorrow. Who's with me?! :drinker:

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Twenty pushups, when you've not been training on them consistently is still pretty good.

But no, I've never completed it. Every time I try it, I get about three weeks or so into it and then can't push myself to complete it. It's a tough thing to do.
  • mrkennethjay
    Options
    I'm in.
  • jallison12
    Options
    I found this a while ago. I simplified the approach for me. I could always do 20 decent pushups. So one night I started at 20 and every night thereafter I would add 1. This was non-stop, steady rythm with good breathing. I got up to 70. Am sure none of them perfect form but nobody was watching, just my own wee challenge. After I got above 50 the first 40 flew by each night. But from 60-70 was really tough and I just gave up after that. It was an fun little few months though.

Good luck!
  • musenchild
    musenchild Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I did that a while ago and if I remember right, I got stuck in week 3. I repeated the week two or three times with no improvement before giving up and switching to just doing 20 three times a week (better than nothing, right?)

I did, however, complete the two hundred situps program and for some reason it worked really well for me. I'm not sure why the same kind of incremental increase would work for me in one case but not the other.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It took me awhile to get to 50 and I plateaued there until I gave up and am currently taking a different approach. I will say that I just made it to 60 consecutive pushups this week. In another month I will go back to it to see how much farther I can get. I loved that program and it helped me a lot even if I didn't yet hit 100 pushups.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I got to week 5 before but I wasn't really using the best form so it doesn't really count. Thinking about starting it again for real though
  • bombecka19
    Options
    I started it yesterday!
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    It took me awhile to get to 50 and I plateaued there until I gave up and am currently taking a different approach. I will say that I just made it to 60 consecutive pushups this week. In another month I will go back to it to see how much farther I can get. I loved that program and it helped me a lot even if I didn't yet hit 100 pushups.

Nice work!
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    I'm in.

Let's goooooo
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I had challenged myself to do 50 by christmas (started being able to do 3 so I figured that was a good goal) and then I broke my foot...

so I switched to doing them on my knees... and I am up to 24... I figure once I am able to walk again and get all healthy I will work on form and stuff and start doing "regular" :) and then work up again :) I don't know that I have the attention span to do more than 50 :)
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    I had challenged myself to do 50 by christmas (started being able to do 3 so I figured that was a good goal) and then I broke my foot...

so I switched to doing them on my knees... and I am up to 24... I figure once I am able to walk again and get all healthy I will work on form and stuff and start doing "regular" :) and then work up again :) I don't know that I have the attention span to do more than 50 :)

Ahh that's no good, Wish you a speedy recovery! You'll definitely be able to make it up to 50 if you keep at it.
  • sapthat
    Options
    i can do about 60 push upps wich isnt to bad i guess but i can do 5 handstand pushups (not agaisnt a wall) ^.^
  • justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ahh that's no good, Wish you a speedy recovery! You'll definitely be able to make it up to 50 if you keep at it.

thanks... I think the worst part is not being able to exercise :(
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I started it a few weeks ago and I'm stuck at 15. from never in my whole life being able to do one I think I'm doing pretty well.
    I try to add one every day and it's so hard. I'm still working on it.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I used to do push ups every day and i felt strong, once i stopped i started feeling weak every time i do any exercise having to do with my upper body. I always did over a 100 through out the day and i could only go up to 50 at one time.
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    i can do about 60 push upps wich isnt to bad i guess but i can do 5 handstand pushups (not agaisnt a wall) ^.^

Beast! I'm trying to get on your level. One day..one day
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do it. I'm on an endless recycle back to week 4. I've pretty much maxed out @ 75 until I begin to eat at a surplus to build muscle. Taking this week off. Week 4 again on Monday.
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Count me in for this Challenge....I ended up downloading the android app for sit ups, squats and pull ups as well. All this should take 30 minutes 3x a week. Yes I'm up for the challenge...
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    Count me in for this Challenge....I ended up downloading the android app for sit ups, squats and pull ups as well. All this should take 30 minutes 3x a week. Yes I'm up for the challenge...

Let's do this! I just completed Week 1, Day 1, level 3 of the program and it was pretty easy! I also downloaded the app onto my phone, this way I'll have no excuse not to keep up with it.