Been really naughty!!!

Options
Ive been dieting and exercising for 5 week and have done really well losing 14lbs in this period but sunday i ate KFC and last night i ate chinese takeout, this is my first slip up but i am so annoyed with myself and feel the last 5 weeks have been a waste:sad:

Replies

• xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I think we all have days like that..maybe even two days, or three! The main point is, you know that it probably wasn't the best decision but limiting yourself to never eating anything "naughty" again really isn't fun is it! So just pick yourself up today, think what I did yeserday is in the past it's today I have to focus on today and most importantly don't dwell on feeling guilty about it :flowerforyou:. and maybe eat a pound of spinach for tea :laugh: (that's a joke from a book called How to Eat like a Hot Chick, it's really good, I recommend!)
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I always find my self control is lowest when I've been doing well for a while. I start thinking I'm all that and I can do whatever I want. "Hey, fit skinny people eat crap, and I'm getting pretty lean, I can eat crap too!!" Of course that's the quickest way to reverse all the progress, which is pretty demoralizing. The better response of course is, "hey, athletes watch everything they eat and do with professional zeal - I don't have to go that far, but I can at least follow their lead!!"
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Let it go and move forward. Start fresh counting those calories and work in some exercise this week. What is done is done and you have not ruined the past 5 weeks in 2 meals, but you need to get back on track today!
  • hmr1117
    Options
    I have been there and done that and unfortunatly it seems that while it takes 4 weeks to lose 2 lbs sometimes 1 meal can add it right back on...but just stick to it and you will be fine...I think all of us have circumstances at one point or another why they eat out or even just because they want to...and its ok...:) just dont let yourself get into a habbit of doing it regularly!:) You are doing great! Just keep moving forward!
  • ractayjon
    Options
    unless you gained 14 pounds in the last 2 days (which Im sure you didnt) then it hasnt been a waste - just regroup and start fresh today!
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    It's so easy to be hard on ourselves when we've fallen off a "new lifestyle" I agree. I know you will regroup and continue your weightloss journey without fault.

Have a wonderful week. Remember: You start each day with no mistakes in it.... "yet" :flowerforyou:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing yesterday! (A trip to Panera) I got up early this morning, chugged water, did a great workout, and I'm planning a healthy day's worth of meals. Back on the train! We can do it together!!

Good luck! And remember, everybody has bad days. We'll get it! :drinker:
  • bukozki
    Options
    I for one am looking forward to my next Chipotle burrito, double meat, sour cream, cheese and guacamole. No shame.
  • bukozki
    Options
    Which is to say: don't sweat it. One or two meals won't kill you. It's okay to want something that isn't entirely wonderful for your body.
  • cherieb1
    Options
    I feel the same.........have just started. Lost 2 lbs first week then slipped and had McDonalds. Huge mistake. Over by 349 calories and I am disappointed in myself but sometimes you have too because if not you will overindulge more. It has been proven so don`t beat yourself up too much. I look at it as I need to work out for an extra half hour then eat less calories the next day. Good luck and keep up the good work....
  • teb1215
    Options
    I for one am looking forward to my next Chipotle burrito, double meat, sour cream, cheese and guacamole. No shame.

Oh man that sounds HEAVENLY! lol
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    and if you eat it on the treadmill bonus points!:laugh:
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    You know, I am amazed that with as busy as people are these days, you can't find a HEALTHY restaurant or take out to save your life! I work my butt off and so many days i'm tempted to just stop and grab something because i'm tired and don't want to wait, or clean up a mess!! It's gonna happen, you just suck it up, roll with the punches and get back on it tomorrow. But i REALLY wish someone would get a great healthy fast food restaurant going :bigsmile:
    It can't hurt to dream!
  • bukozki
    Options
    You know, I am amazed that with as busy as people are these days, you can't find a HEALTHY restaurant or take out to save your life! I work my butt off and so many days i'm tempted to just stop and grab something because i'm tired and don't want to wait, or clean up a mess!! It's gonna happen, you just suck it up, roll with the punches and get back on it tomorrow. But i REALLY wish someone would get a great healthy fast food restaurant going :bigsmile:
    It can't hurt to dream!

That's a good way to go out of business.