Evil carbs!!

Options
Hey is it best to eat all your carbs in a morning so you can burn them off through out the day =]] xx only on 40g a day

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't matter. And carbs aren't evil. No macro is.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    . There evil to me because I'll sit there and eat them all day :( ther the main reason for my weight gain x
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Hey is it best to eat all your carbs in a morning so you can burn them off through out the day =]] xx only on 40g a day

To you it won't really matter unless you were a endurance athlete. Enjoy your carbs whenever you feel like it, personally I prefer it spread throughout the day as I get cranky when running low on energy.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I love carbs! :love:
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    I love carbs! :love:
    . Me toooo :( that's why I'm overweight haha x
  • HotMummyMission
    Options

To you it won't really matter unless you were a endurance athlete. Enjoy your carbs whenever you feel like it, personally I prefer it spread throughout the day as I get cranky when running low on energy.
    don't all men hehe and I don't eat in the day so this is new to mee watching my food intake x
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    So you only eat at night?
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    So you only eat at night?
    . I use to until I started MFP a few weeks ago and have learnt that's wrongggg I use to just drink tea with lodes of sugar all day and have my tea at about 7 and that was in along with goodies sometimes I out 3 stone on in 2 years and it needs to go iv started eating in the day now but I seem to indulge on carbs :( x
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Spread them out. I'm on a keto diet (low carb) and have been trying to eat 20-60g carbs, been averaging 30g. Choose complex carbs over simple and you'll be fine. You can have your highest carbs right after your work out if you want.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Intra-day meal timing is irrelevent and intra-day macro timing is irrelevent when it comes to weight loss, calories and macors remaining equal.

Eat your calories in whichever way will ensure compliance with your target calorie deficit. Its purely personal preference.
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    Spread them out. I'm on a keto diet (low carb) and have been trying to eat 20-60g carbs, been averaging 30g. Choose complex carbs over simple and you'll be fine. You can have your highest carbs right after your work out if you want.
    . I love carbs that much I would rather put the all together ina certain meal and try and cancel them out of another I'm trying to do high protein low carbs just don't no when's the best. To have them the morning middle or end of the day haha x
  • Kairunz
    Options
    You know fruit and veges are carbs right? I eat 200 grams carbs a day and Im consistantly losing weight. Just make sure you eat the right kind of carbs:)
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    . I love carbs that much I would rather put the all together ina certain meal and try and cancel them out of another I'm trying to do high protein low carbs just don't no when's the best. To have them the morning middle or end of the day haha x

By carbs do you mean breads, pasta, and sauces? Or veggies and things full of fiber? I honestly don't think the time matters when you eat it lol but if your really trying to do low carb you should stick to "good carbs" aka complex carbs such as whole grains, vegetables, beans, etc. stay away from the more starchy vegetables and processed foods. IMO. It's harder to stick to low carb than some think, it's a life style change, so if you really love breads maybe it's not for you :)
  • uclown2002
    uclown2002 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love carbs that much I would rather put the all together ina certain meal and try and cancel them out of another I'm trying to do high protein low carbs just don't no when's the best. To have them the morning middle or end of the day haha x

Given that it doesn't matter when you eat your carbs but you want to do it in one sitting; when would YOU prefer to do it?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

this!
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    I love carbs that much I would rather put the all together ina certain meal and try and cancel them out of another I'm trying to do high protein low carbs just don't no when's the best. To have them the morning middle or end of the day haha x

Given that it doesn't matter when you eat your carbs but you want to do it in one sitting; when would YOU prefer to do it?
    breakfast to be honest like x
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options

breakfast to be honest like x
    Then you've answered your own question. Eat your carbs whenever you feel like eating them.
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I'm getting better still learning :) x
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    One of the important things about eating a low carb diet is the effect that carbs/sugar have on your insulin. Carbs turn into glucose in your body, your body releases insulin to manage the glucose, and insulin is our fat storing hormone. Part of the reason low carb eating works, is because you arent having blood sugar/insulin spikes, that provide your body with an opportunity to store fat.
    Eat your carbs throughout the day, and there's no big insulin spike to store the fat you eat as fat in your body. Granted, I'd prefer to eat a big ole' 15-20 gram salad as a meal...though it's not the best way.