Loose skin issues

Options
Hi All -

Anybody have any experience with getting rid of loose skin after weight loss? I have a bunch around my mid section and thighs after losing about 125 pounds, and I am hoping to find an option that DOESN'T involve surgery?

Replies

• brunettejazz
    Options
    I have some loose skin around my stomach. Usually the only option is surgery or just letting it not bother you. It might shrink up some, but my cousins loose skin from gaining too much weight during pregnancy never went away and she got a tummy tuck.
  • CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    Go to a plastic surgeon, they will do consultations for free if you ask for it! I had a face lift a month ago & didn't even have to be put under, just drugged real good! I talked the whole time & it didn't hurt at all. I did have a recovery period. Your young & it will help boost your self image! It sure helped me not to feel so tired. Good luck.
  • flirzhja
    Options
    In response to your 2nd question, I would suggest doing weight training, massage and moisturize with lotion or cocoa & shea butters. Wait for some months, maybe even years for your skin to shrink. Also you might consider consulting a dermatologist.
  • Afishcalledwanda
    Options
    I've had similar problems having lost over 90lbs on 2 occasions. I've had good results with a Wellbox, but you need to use it religiously. I also use moisturiser all over every day and add bio-oil in problem areas such as my stomach, the inside of my thighs and bingo wings.

Wanda