Insanity

Options
How do you track the Insanity workouts on the exercise tracker???

Replies

• cullyn
    cullyn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There doesn't seem to be an option in the drop down for it. I have just been recording it as 'Circuit training - general'. Not sure if this is the best way or not though!!
  • Jobe72
    Jobe72 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that:)
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Either way, just remember...If in doubt, always under sell how many calories you burn.
  • jenneal89
    Options
    There's a website that has a calculator then just create your own exercise http://www.mapmyrun.com/tools/calculators
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would suggest getting a heart rate monitor that shows calories burned. Then you can create your own exercise.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you consistently do it... just set your account to moderately active. It should be 1800 k or more which is about right for the program.

With this method you do not eat back exercise calories. Its already accounted for.
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Do you have the nutrition guide? There's a calculation formula in there that explains how much you need to be eating, which is especially useful if you don't have a heart rate monitor :)
    If you know your numbers just input that as your daily intake, and track your exercise as 1 calorie burned (and you can just create your own exercise for Insanity, too). You did them, but if you have already calculated your daily intake, you don't need to subtract anymore calories burned as it's already been done in the calculation.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest a heart rate monitor :)